Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

LPG idle misfire issues

Views : 6093

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2023, 19:05   #1
Jason t5

Default LPG idle misfire issues

Hi all I'm looking for some advice on my v70 T5 2003. I've had the car 6mths now and the gas has been a nightmare (it was fine when I bought it) I had new injectors fitted as one went down.. all was well for a while but then the car develops a rough idle and misfire on LPG when cold. When my LPG installer remaps the gas all is well for a couple of hundred miles and the problem keeps coming back.. it starts off with a splutter on changeover and progressively gets worse to the point where it's running rough on LPG until I've done about 30 mins of driving and then it seems to sort itself out! The odd thing is if I keep the revs over 2000rpm it's fine and if I switch to gas say on the m/way it acts normal? Every thing is running fine if I leave it on petrol! I've also had the ECU changed on the LPG system but it's still acting up.. any advice on what else to look for please this really has left me and my LPG tech scratching our heads. Many thanks
Jason t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 23:14   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Some details on the system might help

At the moment there are lots of heavy ends in some LPG supplies as it is reused LPG that has been used as a chemical scrubber. It is ok for heating etc but not good for running engines. The vapouriser and injectors might need a clean out

Air leaks, has a smoke test been done? Any air leaks will cause a lot more issues on LPG than they will on petrol

Spark plugs, what plugs are you running? You want to be on NGK or Denso single prong plugs.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 17:29   #3
Jason t5

Hi thanks for the reply. As far as the LPG system goes it's got a full new set of barracuda injectors installed and a king ECU, the rest of the system I'm not too sure on. It's had a new set of NGK plugs in recently. Its also had a new set of vacuum lines installed a couple of months ago as mine were perished which was diagnosed with a smoke test so that should be all fine.
Old Jul 27th, 2023, 21:17   #4
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Can you check what part number you have on the spark plugs?
Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 13:06   #5
Jason t5

I'm running the NGK bkr6eix plugs. Sorry for the late reply we thought we had solved the problem with a clean out of the injectors (they was filthy) but the problem has not got away.
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 16:06   #6
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

There may well be more going on, only by my reckoning you've £60-80 in spark-plugs alone. Why these? Mine are £10 for the set. And £60-80 might actually be worse. 0.7mm
Old Nov 15th, 2023, 10:09   #7
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Try BKR7ES
Old Nov 29th, 2023, 13:57   #8
Jason t5

I have tried the Denso K20PR-U 3145 plugs and gapped them to 0.6 but it's still having none of it
Old Nov 29th, 2023, 13:59   #9
Jason t5

Are the bkr7es ones much different classicswed?
Old Nov 29th, 2023, 14:45   #10
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I dont know the Denso numbers without looking them up