Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2008 c70 centre console dead

Views : 400

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 30th, 2022, 13:47   #1
10ham

Default 2008 c70 centre console dead

Hi, My 2008 c70 has no power to the centre console. The screen is blank and none of the controls work. Also lost reversing sensors and the red light for the alarm on the doors. The car locks and unlocks, the lights all work and the dashboard displays are fine and the controls on the steering column all seem fine.
It drives normally. Any ideas?
10ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2022, 07:58   #2
pinballdave

It could be a blown fuse. F3 and F16 in the main fusebox in the engine bay could cause similar symptoms. Or R18 the smaller of the two relays on top of the CEM (the interior fusebox under the glovebox).

Loose connectors on the CEM can also cause random faults like this, so it's often worth unplugging and reconnecting them when encountering strange electrical faults on these cars (make sure you disconnect the battery first!).
pinballdave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballdave For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 13:56   #3
10ham

Default 2008 c70 Fuse 16

The centre console on my C70 is dead and I found that fuse 16 in the fuse board under the bonnet had blown. I replaced it and the new one blew immediately. According to the handbook this fuse is for the infotainment system but judging by how many other functions have failed I feel it must do more than this, plus the fact that it is 40amp which seems a lot for an infotainment system.
Does anyone know exactly what functions this fuse serves? Something is obviously shorting out but how can I find out what might be the culprit?
I would very much appreciate any thoughts anyone might have.

Thanks in anticipation.
10ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 16:12   #4
pinballdave

F16 is a fuse that feeds the CEM and is then split in the CEM to several other fuses.

Carefully remove the CEM connectors in turn and check to see if any pins have bent over and are shorting out, or if there is any corrosion or water ingress into the connectors.

Then remove F43, F64, F65, F66, and F67 from the CEM, and fit a new F16 to see if it blows again. If it blows straight away, then it's either a wiring problem between the fusebox and the CEM, or an internal problem within the CEM.

If F16 stays intact, then test and add each of the removed fuses on the CEM back one at a time, to see which circuit the problem is on.
pinballdave is offline   Reply With Quote