Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

300/66 Series General Forum for the Volvo 340, 360 and 66 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

340 possibly for sale....

Views : 1077

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 15:47   #1
Neo

I know this is not the area to post this message, however just trying to gauge if there is any interest...

Although I would be sorry to see this car go I just don't have the time to tend to it at the moment...

I have a very good condition blue 340DL 1984 B Reg, it's been in the family for years... heres the spec, I have every bill for this car including the original bill for the car itself !!

60 something thousand ORIGINAL miles !
1.4 CVT (all working except for the kickdown on the accelerator cable which has been by-passed for now)
New radiator
As new tyres all round
Pretty much all new brakes, although prob need a clean now.
New exhaust
Bodywork is good, little bits of rust on drivers door & tailgate not that bad tho.. only real bad bit is the battery tray (as far as I can tell, that was the only thing that was mentioned on the MOT anyway)

The car has been used recently and is currently taxed and MOT'd (cant remember how much is left but think it's about 5 months on both) It starts first time every time and has only let me down once in the whole time I've owned it.

Don't really want this car to go to the scrapheap as I think it has a bit of life in it yet and plenty of character, so just wondering if anyone would be interested at all?

I'll post some pix when I take some...

Cheers

*** Attached should be an image of the beast herself... :)

--
Neo
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 01:19   #2
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Default RE: 340 possibly for sale....

Unfortunately the 300 series is in a transitional period. Its past the end of its life as a family car. Some people buy and abuse as a banger. A very few buy (or keep, in my case) with an aim to keep the cars going for as long as they can - and in doing so raise its profile as a future classic. As it gets older, the number of people in this ideal last group increase. Ironically, by then its too late, and most of the best cars have long since rusted away.

My project is to turn my 360 into the 'factory-spec' performance car it never was, but which would have saved Volvos market share years ahead of the 850 T5.

All I can say is good luck! And, of course, keep it ;)

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 20:04   #3
TonyS

I think you'll have difficulty selling it. CVT's are troublesome, even if yours is in good condition, people that know will avoid them. Anyway even desirable models don't sell well, most people would rather buy a newer (less reliable) Ford / Vauxhall for the same money.

Enthusiasts tend to go for the 360s or manuals.

At any rate I wouldn't expect more than £200 for it. If it is a good'un then probably best to give it away to friends or family.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 13:41   #4
Neo

Yeah kinda figured that ppl would say that, just wondered if there was any people here who might have a 340 cvt who would be interested in mine... as i have several new parts on it, it seems daft to strip it tho... its just a shame i have nowhere undercover to keep it at the moment :(

--
Neo
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 20:48   #5
Len Morris

Dear Neo,

Keep the faith and keep the car. At the moment 300 series are 10 a penny. I have 6 of them and am slowly rotating the stock to make sure I have a mint example of each model. It costs less tham pokemon cards! Five years from now the story will be different. I'd love a CVT and intend to get one when space is available. The belts are no problem and the 'quirkier' the vehicle the more collectable they will be in the future. If I wasn't so involved with this years 360 project, I'd bight your hand off!

Best Regards,

Len