Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 se 24v auto

Views : 2126

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 11th, 2017, 10:02   #1
pelem

Exclamation V90 se 24v auto

Just put my wonderful V90 up on ebay...
eBay item number: 252930976663

Here is the text I put up and there are high definition photos on the listing.
In great condition! I bought it nearly 10 years ago!
So rare to find one in presentable condition. After all only some 6000 V90's were made in 1998! 9000 in total. Ever.
It would not take much to turn this car into a show car
It’s been a dream to own, to drive, very sorry to see it go.

Bodywork overall is fantastic for this age of car. There are small imperfections as one expects in the paintwork, a slight dent to the bonnet, roof and also to the rear quarter driver side, but they could be easily professionally massaged out. Most marks are on the bumpers and can be dealt with easily.

2 keys and 4 fobs, 3 are spare and not coded to the alarm.

Rust? I have found a tiny bit of bubbling to the corner of the rear door… it’s just starting, so very easy to fix.

Inside everything is clean and unmolested.

The leather is in great condition, soft, comfortable and the beige colour making the interior bright. The carpets, door cards look great, nothing is cracked. Sunroof works, trip meter is fine. There is a boot liner, working and straight boot cover and tools, spare wheel, even the foam spacer between the spare wheel and card cover. Dog guard and original carpet protectors.

All the accessories work except for those listed below

Air con does need re-gassing and drivers heated seat panel switch needs looking at.

The switch controlling forward movement on front passenger seat needs attention.

Radio works, CD’s stick.

Under the bonnet.
All good, but there are things that need to be done.

Last service was exactly a year ago and was extensive as I had the time, so now due a regular annual service (filters plugs inspection. It’s also about time to do the crankshaft/ accessory belts.

I will include the spare belts and rollers but I don’t have the belt tensioner.

There is a slight oil leak, but not sure where it’s coming from and there is the slightest mayo on the dipstick, but I do mean slight. I think its condensation as it comes and goes and no sign inside engine or in the oil when draining. Been noticing it in winter for a few years now.

I did do a combustion gas check of the coolant and it was negative, so I think the head gasket is still good.
Gearbox works perfectly, both cooling system are great, no leaks

To pass the MOT at the end of the month, wishbone bushes (Front Suspension arm rubber mounting) will need to be done.

I have not had it on the lift so can't comment to any greater depth on the underside.

There was an advisory at the last MOT about one of the track rod ends, so I got the part but did not have time to do it. The part comes with the car but I don't think it's an MOT issue yet.

Exhaust system looks corroded, particularly the 2 boxes, but it is not blowing as far as I can feel and it has been on the car for about 4 years...

Intank pump or relay needs to be done, but as long as you are not cornering at high speed with a near empty tank it’s not an issue. It failed some 8 years ago and never been an issue.

Included with the sale is a spare front bumper. It's even the right colour!

Front passenger tyre has a slow leak but all the tyres have good tread and have wheel locks and the tool is present. Brake pads will need doing at some point.
Hand break system is all good.

Front door stays have both gone. "Stays" slow the speed the door opens by stiffening the movement.

The bottom engine plastic protector cover is off the car atm so that will be included but not re-installed.

Tiny impact point on windscreen that was repaired 10 years ago and is not an MOT issue.

The car runs well, always starts first time in all weathers, even if it has been sitting for a while.

FYI Here are the advisories from last years MOT
MOT history of this vehicle

Test date 27 May 2016
Expiry date 26 May 2017
Test Result Pass
Odometer reading 184,313 miles
Advisory notice item(s)
Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
Rear Anti-roll bar corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
Front Anti-roll bar corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber mounting deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front Suspension arm rubber mounting deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Front Inner Track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.2.B.1f)
Front registration plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread (6.3.1d)
Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened both sides (2.4.G.1)
exhaust system corroded

If you want to see the car before bidding then do please get in touch via Ebay.
Located in Borehamwood Herts and available by arrangement most times.
Sold as is.
Still in use so mileage will increase
Payment. NOT PAYPAL or any kind of CHEQUES.

CASH WORKS BEST
FULL AMOUNT AT PICK UP PLEASE.

Thanks for looking and looking for good home for this wonderful car.
pelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 13:51   #2
heyskull
Heyskull

Price, pictures and location would be a great help.

SC
heyskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 14:44   #3
pelem

They would indeed
Like I said at the top of the post

It's up on ebay ! Loc Borehamwood Herts lots pictures are up on ebay!
Bid on ebay please... unless you want to make me an offer
if so PM me here
Thanks
eBay item number: 252930976663

link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V90-...AAAOSwaeRZEhGv
Old May 11th, 2017, 14:44   #4
canis
Non Fragile

£500 is a bit steep.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 14:49   #5
pelem

Thanks for taking a look anyhow
Old May 11th, 2017, 16:15   #6
nozamaman
VOC Member

I could be interested if it had a new M.O.T? and you could aim it higher than the present buy it now price?
nozamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 17:40   #7
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozamaman View Post
I could be interested if it had a new M.O.T? and you could aim it higher than the present buy it now price?
I agree regarding the MOT. I must admit that I would not even consider a car - no matter how tempting - with, at best, a couple of weeks MOT remaining. Having it tested would not only demonstrate faith in the car, but enable you to negotiate a higher price, as 'nozamaman' suggests.

Regards, John.
Old May 12th, 2017, 12:00   #8
canis
Non Fragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozamaman View Post
Me too, if only for the colour! It's just what I'll be looking for in about 6-12 months when I retire the V40 and want something larger. But let's face facts, it's a dog disguised by clever wording. "Extensive" service, but needs new belts so not very extensive at all. Dents, to be expected but on the bonnet and roof? Untold amounts of advisories which are a year out of date. Rust, tiny bit so "easy fix", might as well be an entire panel for it'll need painting anyway. Marks on bumpers dealt with "easily". And mayo in the oil! Conveniently unknowledgeable about the underside despite "extensive" servicing, Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Everything is easy this, easy that, easy other. Sure, I could fix it. Or course I could fix it. But £500? Can't even begin negotiation with that. But with a year's ticket, I bet it'd fetch better than £500, and sell like hot cakes.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 09:11   #9
triumphjon

somebody must be interested , its currently fetching £630 ! thankfully i paid much less than that when i purchased mine just over a year ago with two months mot and what was advertised as high mileage
triumphjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 11:54   #10
derek vivian

Default V90 on eBay

Hi,
Would you be wanting to part with spares at all? I have a V90 exactly as yours (same colour etc) and am looking for a replacement catalytic converter for lower cost than I see in line! Let me know if you have one you want to sell. Derek Vivian
derek vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to derek vivian For This Useful Post:

Tags
for sale, v90