Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY2018 cars

Views : 42610

Replies : 460

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2017, 18:16   #111
Madmax06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torshen View Post
Madmax06 - there's no way anyone's going to have my full spec in stock. The things that seem hardest to find are blond perfed interior together with Xenium and side running boards. Not seen any with exact spec anywhere.
I mean a preordered car for which you can still amend the specs
I ordered mine in January and it was delivered in February
I am sure you can find one specify your options and still get it before April
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 18:44   #112
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Yeah I had a quick look at Merc GLS's just to see how they compared and the engine choices alone were quite extensive. Although that's not what made me discount them, it was the fact I could get two XC90's for the same price, basically.

Looking at what's included in the Pro packs I think it's mostly all stuff I've got specced already so still hopeful it might offer some discount, perhaps. Really annoying the 22" wheels I'm going for are an accessory and original wheels can't be traded back to recoup some without having to resort to eBaying unused wheels. Should have some proper answers by first half of next week I guess.
When you option 22" wheels or any other size, these are instead of original wheels not as well as, you dont get 2 sets. Opting for dynamic pack is the best cheapest way to upgrade wheels,

Edit: sorry mis-read, Just been pointed out I missed they are an accessory not an option.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Mar 1st, 2017 at 20:03.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 19:34   #113
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
When you option 22" wheels or any other size, these are instead of original wheels not as well as, you don't get 2 sets.
I think what Torshen is saying is that the 22" are an accessory, not an option, and as such he'd end up with both sets.
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 19:42   #114
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Slightly off-topic, but what determines whether or not you have a seat with massage function?
Only available on Inscription with Nappa Soft Leather Perforated and Ventilated.

I had massage on the Merc's seats and thought it pretty much a waste of time (and money).
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 19:55   #115
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
I think what Torshen is saying is that the 22" are an accessory, not an option, and as such he'd end up with both sets.
Oh see that now, sorry, I mis-read it.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 19:56   #116
nickd

does anyone know whats included in the pro packs?
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 21:28   #117
Torshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd View Post
does anyone know whats included in the pro packs?
I do, but the document I have from my dealer says confidential, not to be shared, so I don't want to get them into trouble as they're being very nice and helpful. Think along the lines of winter plus a couple of other bits and you won't be far wrong for momentum. The other two classes have a couple of extra upgrades too but are more money as well.

And yep, 22" wheels are an accessory so i have to take the car with both sets annoyingly. It's only R-design that has 22" as a factory option but you can't have blond interiors on R-design and I don't much like the grille either.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 11:02   #118
nickd

thanks, so if i'm going for the following packs on the RDesign, do you think i'm better off ordering now, before the new pricing is released?

Family Pack
Air suspension
Winter incl HUD
Apple play
Xenium or surround camera incl blis
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 11:12   #119
Torshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd View Post
thanks, so if i'm going for the following packs on the RDesign, do you think i'm better off ordering now, before the new pricing is released?

Family Pack
Air suspension
Winter incl HUD
Apple play
Xenium or surround camera incl blis
Really hard to say, but it looks like you've got everything included in the pro pack for R-design there. The question is whether the pro pack gives enough of a discount to override the standard price bump that all models are getting, and I couldn't tell you that.

New prices look like they'll be taking effect next week anyway so you don't have long, and it might be that dealers aren't taking orders until next week now anyway, perhaps? Not sure.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 15:23   #120
jmot

i suspect there will be a slight facelift soon in particular rear lights to bring it in line with new v90 and new xc90 identity.
jmot is offline   Reply With Quote