Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

interiour trim colour, which is best

Views : 1898

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 02:12   #1
xxx-850R-xxx
Biggest Member

Default interiour trim colour, which is best

Hi, i own a turquise 850r (i have never seen another one the same colour but i know they exist, if anyone knows how many that would be cool to know!) any way....

it has the beige leather suede interiour at the moment with beige/brown dashboard and i dont feel the seats are looking the best anymore. its the one with the bright scandanavian birch! it kinda looks nice against the turqoise though

i have in my possesion a complete Dark grey interiour from a red 850r with the dark walnut dash in perfect showroom condition and i quite like it, i actually have the whole car to do a small amount of work on it before i sell it.

now i need help on deciding if i should swop them over because although i like the dark interior alot i dont know if it will go with the turquoise?

And im worried about not keeping the car original as its in very good condition at present apart from the front seats which arnt too bad but the dark ones i have are perfect, and i do really like the dark interiour better i think
i would swap everthing including the carpets, i thought about keeping the scandavavian birch with the dark interior but also undecided about that if i do go ahead.

im not sure how rare my car is in the current colour combination and if it would matter if i changed it

sorry for the essay but your though would be much appreciated!

peace
xxx-850R-xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 02:16   #2
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

my theory is your car do what you want, if you want the darker interior then go for it
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 11:56   #3
T5JAS
Gorgeous Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango
my theory is your car do what you want, if you want the darker interior then go for it
pedro the guy was only asking for our opinion, i think your reply was a little gruff to say the least. no one forced you to respond.
xxx-850R-xxx welcome to the forum.
in my opinion, if the original interior is looking a little tired, and you have the opportunity to upgrade it then do it. i recently changed my interior from grey velour to black leather and the difference is excellent. granted i didnt change the dash but i didnt have one! you do. go for it and good luck.
FACTORY DVD ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE.
never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
T5JAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 12:42   #4
xxx-850R-xxx
Biggest Member

yeah thanks, although its not really an upgrade as the interiour is the same style just different colour, they are both suede/leather.

has any one seen a turquoise 850R with a dark grey leather/suede?
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 14:15   #5
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5JAS
pedro the guy was only asking for our opinion, i think your reply was a little gruff to say the least. no one forced you to respond.
if you actually read what i'd wrote you'd notice the word you in my reply. Our opinions count for nothing (which is why i didn't give one), its his car if he prefers the darker interior he should go for it.

thanks
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 16:23   #6
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Chill guys!!!!

Hi xxxxx850Rxxxxxxxx

I do know of another 850R in that turquoise (a few pics in the gallery under MsDMeanor if you'd like to have a butchers) - and I know it is a very rare colour!

It depends on what you'd like to do with your car. If you're a purist and would like to keep it concourse or as original condition as possible then keep it original - if, ultimately, you'd prefer the darker interior, I say and go for it too!!!

T5JAS, Pedro & x850Rx have spoken in the shoutbox about this - Pedro didn't mean to sound abrupt, more continuing a conversation they had earlier. I'm sure xxx850Rxxxx didn't take offence???

Last edited by MissDMeanor; Mar 28th, 2006 at 19:17.
MissDMeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 18:20   #7
xxx-850R-xxx
Biggest Member

No offence taken at all, im thankful for any veiws on it

My current beige interiour is starting to look bid faded and the suede is a bit scuffed on the front seats.

The Dark interior i have looks like no one has ever sat in it!

So...in conclusion i am going to start the transfer tomorrow, but i am going to leave my light scandavian birch on the dash, just to be different! i hope it looks ok!
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 18:26   #8
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

Local to us there is a 940 turbo in turquoise with the dark grey interior - I think it goes well (I do like dark interiors though) If you wanted a pic or two to show how they look together I should be able to do that for you.

Mike

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 18:37   #9
xxx-850R-xxx
Biggest Member

yeah some pics would be great, seems the dark interiors' parts seem to color match with each other better than my beige ones.

the sun takes it toll on the beige colour, especially the carpets and parcel shelf.

What do ya think about mixing the light birch wood with the dark everything else? i like the look of the light birch but dunno if it will look ok against the dark....but i suppose it would be unique maybe?
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 18:38   #10
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

Will try to get some tomorrow if I can catch the owner.

Mike

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote