Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 75373

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 11th, 2023, 16:34   #521
Volvoscot

My car was on that ship as well but still hasnt arrived at the dealer, have you had yours yet?
Volvoscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 19:35   #522
NeilBuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBuc View Post
Phone the dealer today for an update. Have a build date of early December and delivery mid Jan 2023. Order a XC60 Recharge Plus on 8th March. So about 10 months. He said if your ordered today it's 16-18 months!!!
It's here. Picked up from Perth today. Used all the battery back to Edinburgh but it was also -2 degrees Amazing to drive on the motorway but the pilot assist was freaky at first.
Currently charging up from normal wall socket. Well I think it charging, the lights are the right colours but the Volvo app is stuck at 5% for last 30mins.

So wait was 10months from order in March 22.
NeilBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBuc For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 21:49   #523
Volvoscot

Default Mine arrived too

My new car arrived this week also, it’s a very different drive to the 20 plate one i have had for the past 3 years. The bigger battery gives a much longer range and it all feels a lot tighter. The google interface takes getting used to after two cars with sensus but it does work better for phone integration and Spotify is so much quicker to load and hasn’t buffered yet. The sound system in the ultimate spec is awesome and much better than the standard system in my last car. Only negative is the plastic coated steering wheel which just doesn’t feel right, maybe i will get used to it.
Volvoscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 22:32   #524
NeilBuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvoscot View Post
My new car arrived this week also, it’s a very different drive to the 20 plate one i have had for the past 3 years. The bigger battery gives a much longer range and it all feels a lot tighter. The google interface takes getting used to after two cars with sensus but it does work better for phone integration and Spotify is so much quicker to load and hasn’t buffered yet. The sound system in the ultimate spec is awesome and much better than the standard system in my last car. Only negative is the plastic coated steering wheel which just doesn’t feel right, maybe i will get used to it.
Yeah I really enjoyed the drive back to Edinburgh. Although I put the destination in for home and it seemed to use the battery up way before I got home. It was cold today and I did put it in power more for a couple of minutes to see what a blast was like. I then changed it back to hybrid and auto but I had used the battery up by the time I got to maybe A92 turnoff on M90. I had it set at 70mph.

Charging up overnight so much fun tomorrow with it. Hope you enjoy yours.😄
NeilBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2023, 22:13   #525
REDN8LACKGAZ

Hi everyone.
I've just come across this forum and thread after ordering a V60 B3 Core at the end of last February.
I've had a quick look through and am a bit concerned to read that this car has been discontinued and will not be built (although that appears to have come from only one poster).
I was originally told a delivery for September would be possible, but this has gradually been put back, originally with no news. Then, just before Xmas I was given a delivery date of 17 March to 1st April...more than 12 months after ordering.
Unfortunately, after enquiring again today, it's been put back by another 2 weeks.
What concerns me more, is the dealer seems very keen to offer me a refund if I want to cancel! I ordered before the price rise, so I have a good deal and would be daft to cancel, but if I'm never going to receive the car, I'm just wasting my time.
So, if anyone else has received their car or has a concrete delivery date and can follow their build, I would be very interested to hear.
Thanks
REDN8LACKGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 07:43   #526
CocoPops
VOC Member

A very real concern.
The dealer pays you back your deposit and off you go.

Not right is it.

What about getting in contact with customer services with your order number, you’ll get a straighter answer.
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 12:08   #527
sandys
XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark

I'd just wait the two weeks, my date moved about loads, when I enquired about picking up something else and cancelling, dealer was very keen, most likely because he could easily list my car for >6-10k more than I had agreed and possibly wrap me into to a more profitable refinance as not only had the cars price change but so had the finance deals.

At this stage they should know what they are building and whether they can provide it.

Probably worth getting in touch with customer services and seeing if they can give you concrete info in case the dealer is playing games, end of the day you don't know motives behind what is going on.

I'd imagine you have no concerns and the likelihood is the spec has been dropped from the next model year and you are still in the queue for the old MY.
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 17:30   #528
REDN8LACKGAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys View Post
I'd just wait the two weeks, my date moved about loads, when I enquired about picking up something else and cancelling, dealer was very keen, most likely because he could easily list my car for >6-10k more than I had agreed and possibly wrap me into to a more profitable refinance as not only had the cars price change but so had the finance deals.

At this stage they should know what they are building and whether they can provide it.

Probably worth getting in touch with customer services and seeing if they can give you concrete info in case the dealer is playing games, end of the day you don't know motives behind what is going on.

I'd imagine you have no concerns and the likelihood is the spec has been dropped from the next model year and you are still in the queue for the old MY.
Yes, thank you. The wait is not so much of an issue, although frustrating. I have to make a decision on my current car at the end of this month, but I was aware of that anyway.
What spooked me was that I couldn't find any info on the V60s actually being in production and with the withdrawal of the S60 I was concerned the V60 would also be withdrawn and the order cancelled.
I've taken your advice and called Volvo UK today....when they eventually found my order, they assured me the fact it has a delivery date means it's definitely on its way.
Fingers crossed, it will be all ok

Last edited by REDN8LACKGAZ; Feb 1st, 2023 at 17:45.
REDN8LACKGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 17:40   #529
CocoPops
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPops View Post
Has been confirmed as build slot 23rd to 26th January.
Should still be on for March 1st delivery!
Car was built and released on 26th as planned.
Assuming they are built in Gothenburg, next boat to Southampton is 9th Feb, due Southampton 11th Feb.

Still on track for March 1st!
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 19:49   #530
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPops View Post
Car was built and released on 26th as planned.
Assuming they are built in Gothenburg, next boat to Southampton is 9th Feb, due Southampton 11th Feb.

Still on track for March 1st!
I don't believe any T8 Recharge is built in Europe anymore but I could be mistaken.
A car arriving in Southampton from Europe on the 11th Feb should never take until the 1st March to be received by its owner.
For comparison, my current car (which was one of the last T8 Recharge XC60's to be built in Sweden) took less than 2 weeks from leaving the factory once built to arriving at my dealership in Ipswich.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote