Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 Block from SW Autos

Views : 39286

Replies : 425

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2007, 19:52   #401
Nuisance
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Driver View Post
So theres two SW employees and spokepersons here now?
Yes I can confirm that.
Alistair was working at SW autos when I first visited there.
He was working on reception, answering the phone, and doing the bills.

Furthermore. as a result of Matt and Stuarts attitude. Especially Stuarts reply to my criticism on VPCUK, I have decided to refer the matter of my fuel tank leak, the inability to diagnose it, and repair it. To trading standards (now Consumer Direct). Leaving a customers car in a potentially dangerous state is in many peoples eyes, a serious matter.

I will await a further update from them.

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 21:29   #402
Al115
Premier Member

To correct you (BlackBeast, Nuisance): I do not work for / at SW Autos. I saw that mentioned on T5D5 a while back as well but couldn't be bothered to correct it then - now I guess it's a bit more relevant.

I saw you there, Joules, when I was helping Stuart out for a day - he was down on staff that week and I had a day off from work. Not hard to work out how to answer phones and print bills!

Hence, I'm neither an employee nor a spokesperson (God forbid!!! )
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 21:41   #403
Nuisance
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al115 View Post
To correct you (BlackBeast, Nuisance): I do not work for / at SW Autos. I saw that mentioned on T5D5 a while back as well but couldn't be bothered to correct it then - now I guess it's a bit more relevant.

I saw you there, Joules, when I was helping Stuart out for a day - he was down on staff that week and I had a day off from work. Not hard to work out how to answer phones and print bills!

Please accept my apologies then Al.

I mis-interpreted the situation....

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 21:42   #404
Al115
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuisance View Post
Please accept my apologies then Al.

I mis-interpreted the situation....
Apology accepted (thanks) and I understand how it was easy to get to that conclusion! No worries.
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 22:27   #405
adieu
Master Member

[QUOTE=Nuisance;326582]Yes I can confirm that.
Alistair was working at SW autos when I first visited there.
He was working on reception, answering the phone, and doing the bills.QUOTE]

Not sure if i got this quote thing sorted, but you must have been there the same day as me

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 23:27   #406
JD.7
VOC Member

and me ?????
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 23:32   #407
Al115
Premier Member

Yep, very good Iain! You could have found me there a couple of times this year, especially if I heard in advance that some of my mates were coming down!

I also make the teas at HLM and water the plants in RT Mechanics reception, clean the windows at Pillings of Welwyn, and polish Kalmar Union's race car. No, I don't, but you never know!

I don't recall ever having met JD.7 but I'm better with real names than screen names! As we all are. Shame this couldn't have been sorted out over a pint, eh.

Last edited by Al115; Nov 29th, 2007 at 23:37.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 00:00   #408
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al115 View Post

Hi Alistair,

if you don't mind me asking, seeing you give freebies for Stuart on occasions which I am sure Stuart must be very appreciative, do you really think when you take your car to SW for any work you would be shortchanged or treated with poor customer service?

Quote:
I'll continue to use SW Autos myself, as I've had nothing but excellent service there
If I had a friend like you who is willing to work for free when I am short staff'd, heck I would Never rub you the wrong way. Good workers/friends are hard to come by these days.

Hope you don't take it the wrong way when I wonder, how unbiased or biased that statement would be when anyone reads those two posts.

And whats even more counter-productive for you is when your "for A Day" becomes,..
Quote:
Yep, very good Iain! You could have found me there a couple of times this year
As an outsider one has to see the funny side of all this right? Or more seriously the question of your objectivity on SW Auto.

cheers
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 00:15   #409
Al115
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
Hi Alistair,

if you don't mind me asking, seeing you give freebies for Stuart on occasions which I am sure Stuart must be very appreciative, do you really think when you take your car to SW for any work you would be shortchanged or treated with poor customer service?

If I had a friend like you who is willing to work for free when I am short staff'd, heck I would Never rub you the wrong way. Good workers/friends are hard to come by these days.

Hope you don't take it the wrong way when I wonder, how unbiased or biased that statement would be when anyone reads those two posts.

And whats even more counter-productive for you is when your "for A Day" becomes,..

As an outsider one has to see the funny side of all this right? Or more seriously the question of your objectivity on SW Auto.

cheers
LOL what is this, some kind of competition to see how complicated we can make the thread? Don't have time to join in properly, sorry! (and I haven't worked out how to underline other people's words in bold yet...)

There's nothing contradictory about my two statements that you kindly bolded and underlined, in passing. Not sure what you are getting at?

We've met by the way (at Power Engineering) and I remember having a chat with you about your V50, you seemed a nice chap and I'm not about to fall out with you over this matter (which isn't mine to fight or solve anyway).

Incidentally I'm not overly fussed if you consider me objective or not on this subject (my objectivity is routinely called into question anyway, because until recently everyone assumed I *HAD* to support HLM / VT as I moderate on VPCUK ). I was simply posting up my views. When it comes to SW Autos I know they have thousands of satisfied customers and only a couple of unhappy ones. Not to say that it's OK to have unhappy customers, but everyone makes mistakes occasionally and the balance is still very firmly on the "happy customers" side.

Night night.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 11:57   #410
Rbphot

Unhappy

Having read this C**p for 41 pages worth, really when will people on this forum grow up, I know both people involved, if there is a dispute between the two it's a personal matter and non of the business noisy forum hogs, this thread should never have been allow to get this far.

I notice Ashok has not posted since contact was made to resolve the issue, when things go public on forums everyone thinks the know everything, but they don't and most likely never will.

Time to put an end to this, Lock the thread, the name calling by people on here will not resolve the issue, that can only be done by those involved.

And before someone asks "YES" I'm a satisfied customer of SW Autos, and NO I'm not an employee tied to them in any way.