Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1978 245 dl 44k miles

Views : 9683

Replies : 62

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 18:48   #51
bookerbill
Trader

Default distance :if you want it you will

Hi there i remember seeing a lovey volvo on here a good while back , i traveled many a mile on train then got picked up by forum member and that was a further 48 miles ASK PRUFROCK :And i got home about 12 midnight nice car thou , i traveled from Liverpool
bookerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 16:32   #52
batespeed

its still for sale, if anyone is interested come and see it and make me an offer. 3700 views on here and not one person has actualy come to have a look.............................
batespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 22:02   #53
benviedude

Default additional pics

Hi Wondered if you could send me some additional pictures, mainly underneath and engine bay?
I am based in Dundee so not too far away for collection.
tommcconnachie@hotmail.com
Cheers
Tom
benviedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 01:06   #54
VolvoVplates

I agree with many of the comments on here re distance. I've bought classics from miles away because I wanted the car, so I got it, then drove it home.

Driving a Volvo back from the highlands is likely to be a far more pleasurable experience than I had driving a '55 VW Beetle back a couple of hundred miles, but I was determined to have it. So what if it breaks down? It's what the RAC is for (other breakdown companies are available).

The car for sale here looks to be in great nick, it's a bit different, a top colour, and well maintained. Good price too.
VolvoVplates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 01:36   #55
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

I think its a gorgeous looking motor. If I had the money (which unfortunately I don't), I'd have it just for the looks alone.

I can't see how distance can be a problem. Last time I looked at a map Inverness was on the UK mainland. If you're on the UK mainland, there is no other point on the mainland that is more than a few hours drive away. I drove 4 hours with a knackered back to collect my 940. If it had been more than 4 hours away I'd have driven more than 4 hours because I believed it was the right car for me. It was, now I'm happy. I'd be even happier if I could justify the expense of an additional car, so I could have the motor in this thread.
rippedoffagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 08:42   #56
john h
VOC Member

In my opinion, the rarer the car, the further you need to be prepared to travel. I flew to Germany to collect my 164! However, travel costs a lot and therefore can make a given car more expensive.

This 245 looks a good buy for someone, but it's quite a lot of money and personally I would want a close look around the body before committing - hence the travel arrangements can't be one-way only!

If it was in the Midlands or the south, where there are many potential buyers, it would be sold by now. Hope it finds a good home soon!

john h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 08:26   #57
batespeed

THE VOLVO HAS GONE TO A BETTER PLACE..................Suffolk to be precise.

look after it suffolk bloke.

Last edited by batespeed; Oct 3rd, 2013 at 09:01.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to batespeed For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 09:40   #58
Paul240480
Ovlovnut

^^ Great news!
When I bought my 850, it involved a 50 miles car journey.... a 1 hr flight.....a 30 mile taxi ride.... 3&1/2 hours driving it down to Pompey, overnight on the ferry & then another 2+ hr drive home.....then re-registering costs. Still worked out to be quite a bargain really.

.................I now have a mate trying to 'offload' his 1 owner 2004 V70 with 97k in my direction..... this is in mid-glamorgan.....could be another enjoyable epic journey coming on, lol

I hope 'suffolk bloke' keeps us updated......
http://moncopainmonchien.jimdo.com/
Paul240480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 09:59   #59
batespeed

I just text suffolk bloke to make sure he got home in one piece,

Yes, he said . kept to 55mph/3000rpm, got home at 1.30 am after a long stop in ikea edinburgh (?) well according to google maps it is 590 miles...........
The Following User Says Thank You to batespeed For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:06   #60
VolvoVplates

That's some road trip! Good work Sussex chap, although the car is now only marginally closer to me than before it was sold. Looks a good'un.
VolvoVplates is offline   Reply With Quote