Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 PHEV MY2017 sold today

Views : 1749

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2021, 22:37   #1
Tober

Default V60 PHEV MY2017 sold today

Sadly V60 D5 Twin Engine sold today. I enjoyed the opportunity to drive a Volvo but want to move to full EV having enjoyed the hybrid for 5 years. Unfortunately Volvo XC 40 and Polestar way to expensive so time to change brand. I have learned from others on this forum so thank for that.
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tober For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 08:29   #2
Rocinante
Master Member

What did you go for ?
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 12:31   #3
Tober

I have opted for a Kia eNiro
The Following User Says Thank You to Tober For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 12:39   #4
Rocinante
Master Member

As someone still running a diesel, I'd be interested to find out how you get on with the all electric, even if it's not a Volvo, once you've had a bit of time with it, and also how you find the Kia in general in comparison to the Volvo.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocinante For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 15:14   #5
Tober

I will be happy to share that. I thinks it’s going to be very different although both are heavy cars. I am just not doing the long journeys anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to Tober For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 19:33   #6
Tober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
As someone still running a diesel, I'd be interested to find out how you get on with the all electric, even if it's not a Volvo, once you've had a bit of time with it, and also how you find the Kia in general in comparison to the Volvo.
They are both heavy cars although the manoeuvrability of the Kia is far better than the V60. I always found the turning circle of the Volvo the worst feature of that particular model. Parking was often a challenge whereas the eNiro is a dream to park.
I don’t miss the constant charging required by the V60 but I do miss the power option combining diesel and electric motor. Having said the the eNiro is no slouch. The Volvo felt more sure footed on icy roads whereas the Kia with its regen it seems is less assured. I had cross climates fitted the Volvo and of course it had an AWD option. I may fit cross climates to the eNiro.
The V60 was an excellent motorway / A roads cruiser whereas the eNiro is possibly more suited to urban driving. The eNiro is a little noisy on longer runs with speeds 65mph +. Volvo seats always comfortable but so far no problems with the Niro.
So far no regrets and my travel patterns require far fewer longer journeys these days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tober For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 21:08   #7
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober View Post
I have opted for a Kia eNiro
One of my neighbours has that model and I've been admiring it as I walk past. I like it, not styled full on Dan-Dare like some E cars, but clearly more in the styling than a tarted up regular car.

The chap from the AA came to admire it twice last week, and on the 2nd occasion took it away with him so he could admire it some more.
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 14:26   #8
JeffCooper63

Interesting, I've done exactly the same, but via a Renault Zoe ZE50 - which was crap. I always said the e-niro was the only car I would get out of my V60PHEV for, and santa made it happen. Don't ask about the Zoe, it was a figment of my imagination, or was it my wifes ?

I don't miss the power of the V60 yet, but I do love the fact that on more rural roads, the suspension is light years ahead on the e-niro - the Volvo was really bumpy and fidgety, and unpleasant if I'm honest.

I would also say that the Volvo was beginning to feel a bit olde stylee - full EVs are definitely the here and now - although the V60 did an as-normal brilliant job in what it did. No probs with the app, and all the technology worked as it should - which I can't say yet about the Kia. 5 1/2 years warranty goes a long way to overcome those feelings though, especially with the V60 air-con issue forever overhanging you.
JeffCooper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 16:34   #9
Whippy
Premier Member

I actually quite like the ev6, although waayyy too much money, not enough range and too few (working) fast chargers.
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 19:01   #10
Tober

I loved the V60 on motorways and good A roads but manoeuvrability and handling on country roads was not all that it could have been. One thing that I do miss however is the AWD and cross climates at this time of year plus the steptronic.
The eNiro seems to be more challenging on ice and probably snow and it’s a matter of getting to grips with regenerative braking and what that means in those conditions.
Otherwise the transition has been a positive one so far and range seems to be in line or better than advertised.