Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Going haywire

Views : 1293

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2009, 21:10   #1
bakergomez

Default Going haywire

Our XC90 satnav has packed up (the display says "loading ..." then it flashes the opening page "navigation/settings/shut down" then it says "loading..." again. The radio and CD player are also playing up and the rear parking sensors bleep when they shouldn't. Any ideas???
bakergomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 13:04   #2
pdr944

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakergomez View Post
Our XC90 satnav has packed up (the display says "loading ..." then it flashes the opening page "navigation/settings/shut down" then it says "loading..." again. The radio and CD player are also playing up and the rear parking sensors bleep when they shouldn't. Any ideas???
hi,
make sure the front flap of the sat nav module is closed properly.as it is under the front passenger seat it can get kicked.the sat nav wont work if its open.also try reloading the disc.there may not be a prob.with the parking sensors as they are linked to the radio/cd.its more likely to be a rad/cd fault that is causing it.for instance if you remove the radio/cd module the rear sensors wont work at all untill its put back.both these things have happened to me since i,ve had my xc90.whats wrong with the rad/cd ?

peter.
pdr944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 19:06   #3
bakergomez

Hi Peter,

The radio and CD player turn off momentarily when the satnav also momentarily goes off. Having just had another look at it, the satnav just has the "loading" screen now and after ten seconds or so it goes off and then comes back on with the same screen. It can't be turned off unless the ignition is turned off.
Old May 1st, 2009, 19:30   #4
pdr944

hi,

the electronics on these vehicles can be a nightmare as so many things are linked together for one reason or another.this makes it very hard to pin down the fault to one place.there are even fibre optic cables involved.the worst type of fault is the intermittent one as its not always there and is usually down to a dodgy connection.

peter.
pdr944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:31   #5
ianu
Premier Member

..might sound a bit obvious - but be worth checking the cables under the passenger seat are all as they should be and not trapped or loose...
I have a half size rubber footwell mat that I keep over the top of the unit to stop the front of the unit getting kicked (tucked under the edge of the footwell mat to keep it in place)

Cheers
ian
ianu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 20:32   #6
bakergomez

Good tip Ian. It didn't solve the problem, but allowed me to disconnect the gps so at least I don't that trying to laod all the time whilst driving. Even when the gps is disconnected the radio and cd payer still keep stopping and starting so the fault must be in infotainment system itself, I guess. Off to the garage no doubt.
Old May 8th, 2009, 16:48   #7
bakergomez

Well, I took the car to a Volvo garage and they did a ring break test, cleaned all the connections and downloaded updated software and bingo, everything is working okay now (with the warning that "if fault reoccurs may require new unit").

Tags
electrics, gps, navigation