Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 boot liner

Views : 2385

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2015, 11:47   #1
Beetnik

Default V60 boot liner

I'm looking for a liner for my 2012 V60. We do a lot of walking so it's to take muddy boots etc. Son also has a big dog (boxer) which I like to transport occasionally so I want protection for the seat backs and compartment sides.

There's the official one at £180. No doubt it's a superb fit but it's not cheap compared to some available on Amazon at less than a quarter of the price but there's bound to be some compromise on fit.

I'm interested to hear other's experience of any type/make of liner and any recommendations.
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 12:17   #2
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetnik View Post
I'm looking for a liner for my 2012 V60. We do a lot of walking so it's to take muddy boots etc. Son also has a big dog (boxer) which I like to transport occasionally so I want protection for the seat backs and compartment sides.

There's the official one at £180. No doubt it's a superb fit but it's not cheap compared to some available on Amazon at less than a quarter of the price but there's bound to be some compromise on fit.

I'm interested to hear other's experience of any type/make of liner and any recommendations.
I had a generic boot liner and used it in many cars over the years. When I ordered the XC60, I wasn't sure that my liner would fit so well, so I bit the bullet and had the Volvo one fitted - it was recommended by another forum member on here too.

I am very pleased with the quality of the liner and it fits well with poppers at the top of the boot sides. It certainly keeps the hairs from our 2 dogs from getting on the boot carpet and sides

Hope that helps you make a decision.
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 13:22   #3
Harvey1512
Premier Member

I have one of the generic liners found on that well known auction site. You put it in your boot and cut it to size with a stanley knife. The length and width were fine, I only had to cut certain shapes. Not as perfect as the Volvo version but as it cost about £20-£25 I was happy to compromise. It does the job, keeps the mud and dirt etc off the boot carpet. If precision bothers you then pay the full price. If you just want it to work and don't mind a slightly dodgy corner then go cheaper.
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 13:27   #4
ChrisL

Try this company, fits my XC60 perfectly and also got one for my wife's car which fits perfect. No side protection, but a great liner, very cheap and no cutting to shape

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008993267...754%26_rdc%3D1

I'm sure they will do one for your model
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 14:15   #5
m694caf

I've just bought one from Costco, for my V60. It was only £12, but doesn't fit the floor perfectly as it is smaller. Its fine for muddy & wet boots though as it has a raised edge and you can just lift it out and "empty" it. Stops things sliding around in the back too.
m694caf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 16:20   #6
AngloScot
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
Try this company, fits my XC60 perfectly and also got one for my wife's car which fits perfect. No side protection, but a great liner, very cheap and no cutting to shape

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008993267...754%26_rdc%3D1

I'm sure they will do one for your model
I have one very similar, I bought it before I got the car. I think it is excellent value for money.
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 18:33   #7
willin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetnik View Post

We had a very big retriever (now gone, sadly) plus I am always carting a load of mucky stuff about - just been to the tip with rubble bags full of plaster,sand, and other stuff - so I can heartily recommend this company for excellent bootliners.

Hatchbag

Not cheap but well worth the expense

I also bought one the cheap ones from Amazon/ebay - it is rubbish.
willin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willin For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 20:44   #8
norco

Another vote for Hatchbag. Great service, custom fit. Cost about £120 for XC60 Inc boot flap and extension for when seats down. Nice choice of colours too!
norco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norco For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 22:14   #9
Beetnik

Thanks guys, really useful. Hatchbag it is.
Old Feb 13th, 2015, 10:12   #10
Nickb500

Hi, I bought this one for my V60 a few months ago and no complaints - just had to trim about 10mm of the lip on both rear corners so I can lift the boot floor hatch without it catching on the side trim near the rear lights. I also opted for the black carpet insert which is in position most of the time until loading muddy items.
http://www.carmats4u.com/volvo-v60-2...-mat-tray.html
£29.99 + £6.49

Tags
boot liner, v60