Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Low battery warning

Views : 5104

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 9th, 2023, 22:34   #21
Morningken1

Hi,I think I may have a faulty bms lead on my S60 2016 as it sometimes says start stop available almost immediately after starting a journey,then without using start stop,it will go to unavailable and I can travel 30 miles without it coming back at all.
Both batteries have been replaced and I have reset bms previously.
My question is,I have a lead coming from Ebay,does anyone know if the bolt on the inner wing to the chassis has a captive welded nut or does the inner wing lining need removing just to replace the lead ?

Thanks
Morningken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2023, 22:49   #22
Tatsfield
Premier Member

Are you not asking this question in the wrong forum. This is S80/V70/XC70
Old Oct 10th, 2023, 11:25   #23
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
That “low battery” warning is an absolute PIA. My daughter’s XC70 does it. eg: stopped at a level crossing, may be there some minutes so switch off engine but keep radio on. After a couple of minutes the “low battery” warning pops up and the radio is switched off. She has a crash proof dog cage in the load area. It has a fan attachment powered from the load area 12v outlet to help ventilate the cage when the car is parked up with the tailgate open. But within a minute or two it is shut down by the car’s system. The only way to keep it running is to have the engine running. Sort of defeats the object of the exercise.
I am advised by others who have other makes of car that this is a common feature now. System is designed to progressively shut down various electricity consuming items to preserve the battery so that it will still start the car. That’s all well and good but in my opinion it kicks in far too early. I’ve never owned a car with this feature and never had any problems, other than when I stupidly left the parking lights on when parked up at work one day.
It sounds like your battery may be weak not being able to sustain the voltage for long. give it 48 hours on the charger first and see how that goes..
Old Nov 15th, 2023, 10:33   #24
JRD61

Default Battery trickle charger

I just want to share being new to the forum I had volvo service centre in Launceston Tas, attach the trickle charger directly to the 12 volt battery under the spare in the back of my xc60. This connection has burned a small hole in the exterior of the battery and I am now told the charger should have been attached to the car charging points in the front LH side under the bonnet.
Can anyone confirm this please
JRD61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2023, 11:25   #25
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD61 View Post
I just want to share being new to the forum I had volvo service centre in Launceston Tas, attach the trickle charger directly to the 12 volt battery under the spare in the back of my xc60. This connection has burned a small hole in the exterior of the battery and I am now told the charger should have been attached to the car charging points in the front LH side under the bonnet.
Can anyone confirm this please
the points under the bonnet are for convenience only, and go direct to the normal 12v battery

It is the standard 12volt car battery he clipped it to is it? You don't have a 48v hybrid battery under the spare wheel there do you? in which case it would have burned out his charger.