Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2022 Google Android Automotive V90

Views : 1164

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2021, 12:59   #1
Inha

Default 2022 Google Android Automotive V90

I have taken possession of a new 2022 V90 with the new Android Automotive system (not Sensus).

I connected the car to the Volvo App but then had problems with my account which I had to delete and start over.

Now when I login to the APP on my phone I need to insert the VIN and to continue the pairing process on the vehicle. Unfortunately, the vehicle still thinks it is paired to the phone for the "Volvo On Call" account and says that to remove the paired phone (device) I need to do it on the phone...so I am stuck...cannot add the car to the app from the phone and cannot remove the phone from the car.

Any suggestions on how to remove the already paired device (phone) from the "On Call" account in the car. I have looked at my Volvo ID account on the internet (webpage) but there is no car listed and I have contacted the dealer who says I need to come in with the car...3 hour drive.

Many thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG20211110072407.jpg (93.2 KB, 42 views)
Inha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 14:15   #2
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inha View Post
I have taken possession of a new 2022 V90 with the new Android Automotive system (not Sensus).

I connected the car to the Volvo App but then had problems with my account which I had to delete and start over.

Now when I login to the APP on my phone I need to insert the VIN and to continue the pairing process on the vehicle. Unfortunately, the vehicle still thinks it is paired to the phone for the "Volvo On Call" account and says that to remove the paired phone (device) I need to do it on the phone...so I am stuck...cannot add the car to the app from the phone and cannot remove the phone from the car.

Any suggestions on how to remove the already paired device (phone) from the "On Call" account in the car. I have looked at my Volvo ID account on the internet (webpage) but there is no car listed and I have contacted the dealer who says I need to come in with the car...3 hour drive.

Many thanks

If you do factory reset of the system, (option somewhere in the settings), will it not clear your phone from the memory?
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 17:22   #3
flashp

This app caused me all sorts of frustrations towards the end of my lease, I can't help but hope you get it sorted.
flashp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 19:51   #4
Handyandy2

Yes, factory reset of system sorts it out. I had exactly the same problem.
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 07:24   #5
Inha

Thanks for the reset suggestion. I can confirm this worked.
Inha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 11:12   #6
Handyandy2

You couldn’t make this up. The app has been updated with a new version today and that’s now signed me out. Log back it and link to car gone! For what it does at the moment I’m not bothering with the app. It’s more trouble than it’s worth!
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 13:15   #7
tdw197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyandy2 View Post
You couldn’t make this up. The app has been updated with a new version today and that’s now signed me out. Log back it and link to car gone! For what it does at the moment I’m not bothering with the app. It’s more trouble than it’s worth!
Same here too.
tdw197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 17:28   #8
ElCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyandy2 View Post
Updated the app today also and had to log back in again but it all works fine. The car actually now remotes start (which didn’t work before) so I am quite pleased.
V90 Cross Country B5D MY22 Denim Blue with 360 camera, sun roof, Harmon Kardon, Active 4C suspension, rear air con, heated windscreen, body coloured wheel arches and bumper, lighting pack, seat pack, spare wheel and Polestar! Other car an Audi A7.
ElCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2021, 18:19   #9
Handyandy2

Mine has started working again now. Most strange!