Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New 2022 XC40 P8 Pure electric. Some comments

Views : 3304

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 26th, 2021, 12:49   #1
matthdouglas
P8 Pure Electric

Smile New 2022 XC40 P8 Pure electric. Some comments

Just picked mine up yesterday.
Very happy so far, but a couple of points and questions.
It looks like Apple Carplay is not present. Something makes me remember I have read somewhere this is the case due to the Android OS, but Volvo are intending to bring it on at some stage soon. Confirmation would be great, if you know.
Associated with that, is it possible to play media via USB, rather than bluetooth?
I can't seem to make that work, so if you have done so, please let me know.
Also, the oft commented fact that the range is only displayed as a %age, never as miles. Other cars do this, so I don't know why Volvo are so adamant about it. I believe you can get some sort of range if you load a destination in the sat nav, but I have not had a go at that yet (and rarely will).
Lots of config not available, such as changing number of times the indicator blinks with a stalk flick, and you can't even change the fader on the stereo (only treble and bass), but none of it is a show-stopper. Just hard to go back from, from previous vehicles.
It's BIG, fast, quiet (bit of wind noise at speed), solid, jiggly, high, comfortable and basically worth it (if you want an electric SUV).
It will take me some time to see how the real range works out, but it does seem to drop quite quickly, although my driving style has been somewhat 'racey' as I play with it.
I have read in some reviews that the front seats are excellent, but I am quite disappointed with them. Little lumbar support and can't reduce the lumbar support enough. I also have an elec Mini, and its seats are far better.
I choose the basic spec, so will miss adaptive Cruise and the Harmon K sound, but still happy with what is included. Strange to not have heated front seats though, but at least I can pre-heat in the winter.
VoC app has just started working now, although it seems temperamental in showing charge level and status.
One unexpected but useful feature is the comfort locking on all four doors.
I took the subscription offer, which does work out well financially, if you do it for a set period.
Will post more as I discover it, likely to all be good!
Its BIG (did I mention that), and FAST!
matthdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matthdouglas For This Useful Post: