Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 delivery timescale (replacing my XC90)

Views : 13319

Replies : 158

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 9th, 2024, 14:40   #111
CastielSeraphim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Can I ask how this worked? My VIN I have got from the dealer is 17 digits and the website says it will accept a maximum of 15 digits for a VIN?

I just put the full VIN in and my vehicle came up
CastielSeraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CastielSeraphim For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 16:21   #112
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
Are you happy with those timescales? You must really want the car!
Wonder if the likes or BMW/Audi/Merc have similar lead times if they don't I'd happily go for one of them. The SPA cars are a bit out of date now and still suffer from AAOS failures all over the place plus folks are still (im)patiently waiting for features to come online with SW updates.
I can't understand what you're waiting for, perhaps I'm missing something not being deliberately obtuse.
I'm not happy with the timescale but not very annoyed either. The current car is going well so quite happy to keep running it for now but at over 7 years old it's time for a change.

The equivalent plug-in cars from the competition are more expensive for a similar feature set to the XC60 Ultimate. They all have a lower electric range (especially the X3 which has only half the range of the XC60) apart from the Merc GLC which offers a better electric range but comes with a very large increase in price. The 50 miles WLTP range (let's call it 35-40 real world) of the XC60 should cover about 80 or 90% of my journeys so is an important factor in the decision.

SPA cars are getting old but still look good to me and no worse (actually better) than the X3 or Q5. The UI on the Merc looks more modern but overall none of the other cars look hugely better on the inside (personal opinion). My one reservation is AAOS but are the competitors' systems any better? (The devil you know, etc).

Lastly, I got an extremely good deal on the XC60 that's several thousand pounds better than the current offers so I might as well run with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 16:28   #113
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko1960 View Post
Have you checked Volvo new stock?
I have but Recharge Ultimates are quite rare and whilst I could be flexible on paint colour for example, I do want blond leather, same as my current car, and really wouldn't want to go back to a dark interior. There are even fewer cars available with blond leather as it would seem that black is the default for most cars.

Also, changing the order now would mean losing the very good deal I currently have.
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 16:45   #114
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
I'm not happy with the timescale but not very annoyed either. The current car is going well so quite happy to keep running it for now but at over 7 years old it's time for a change.

The equivalent plug-in cars from the competition are more expensive for a similar feature set to the XC60 Ultimate. They all have a lower electric range (especially the X3 which has only half the range of the XC60) apart from the Merc GLC which offers a better electric range but comes with a very large increase in price. The 50 miles WLTP range (let's call it 35-40 real world) of the XC60 should cover about 80 or 90% of my journeys so is an important factor in the decision.

SPA cars are getting old but still look good to me and no worse (actually better) than the X3 or Q5. The UI on the Merc looks more modern but overall none of the other cars look hugely better on the inside (personal opinion). My one reservation is AAOS but are the competitors' systems any better? (The devil you know, etc).

Lastly, I got an extremely good deal on the XC60 that's several thousand pounds better than the current offers so I might as well run with it.
Understand makes sense and agree still a good looking car X3 and Q5 are not so. Part of the question is because my XC60 is 5 years old but only 37k miles which doesn't mean it's in better fettle than a 60-70k miles used on motorways perhaps mine is more worn. Thoughts will soon turn to a replacement but I have no idea what to get and prices are becoming eye watering and I'll end up with spec I'd rather not have paid for although I know a level of discount is still available. Or I could beep running my car for as many years a I feel confident many folks do just not as confident with this generation of Volvo. I paid the final instalment on my car while back on the assumption I'd return the funds to savings before changing again, but if I want a new car by the time that happens I've not gained anything.
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 17:51   #115
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
I could beep running my car for as many years a I feel confident many folks do just not as confident with this generation of Volvo.
My current car has been super reliable overall but, like you say, can this continue on such a complex car as it ages more?

Quote:
I paid the final instalment on my car while back on the assumption I'd return the funds to savings before changing again, but if I want a new car by the time that happens I've not gained anything.
Judging when to change is particularly difficult at the moment because of the massive changes taking place with electrification, the inability to specify the options you actually want and prices which are getting quite ridiculous. I doubt whether things will get better any time soon.
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 20:26   #116
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Judging when to change is particularly difficult at the moment because of the massive changes taking place with electrification, the inability to specify the options you actually want and prices which are getting quite ridiculous. I doubt whether things will get better any time soon.
I agree. Which is why I went for something cheaper so I am not as financially committed whist I wait to see what happens to the market. I think I will miss the size and general luxury of the XC90 but hopefully will enjoy the simplicity and ease of the EX30. Mine is due some time in early May, then need to sell the XC90. I am ready to take any initial expressions of interest! Cheapest T8 on Autotrader is 20k, so will probably pitch mine a few k below that for a quick sale.
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 21:36   #117
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
I agree. Which is why I went for something cheaper so I am not as financially committed whist I wait to see what happens to the market. I think I will miss the size and general luxury of the XC90 but hopefully will enjoy the simplicity and ease of the EX30. Mine is due some time in early May, then need to sell the XC90. I am ready to take any initial expressions of interest! Cheapest T8 on Autotrader is 20k, so will probably pitch mine a few k below that for a quick sale.
What prompted that decision assumed you keep the xc90 after the invesent in the new motor?
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 22:01   #118
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
What prompted that decision assumed you keep the xc90 after the invesent in the new motor?
I know if I keep it I will just find it is constantly in the way. We only have a double drive and a double garage which is full of fire wood, bikes and tools. Recently got a mini for our daughter to learn in and it was a real faff moving cars around until I found a space in the garage to squeeze it in. If I kept the XC90 we would have 4 cars to juggle..... Ideally we would lose the V60 and keep the XC90 as the second car, but the V60 has done a third of the miles of the XC90, has been ours since new, has never been a moments trouble and is worth only maybe 8k. So I kind of want to keep it a few more years to extract maximum value from it. So much as it will break my heart the only logical move is to shift the XC90 on now. Maybe in 2 years time we might part chop the V60 for a last of the line XC90s, but at this point I just can't justify keeping it.
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 14:23   #119
Esudix84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastielSeraphim View Post
For anyone trying to work out current timescales from order to delivery my experience so far looks like this:

22nd Sept 2023 T6 Recharge ordered with estimated 3-4 month delivery

2nd Feb 2024 Production Complete

2nd Mar 2024 Car left Shanghai on MV Gold Hoshi

8th April 2024 MV Gold Hoshi due into Bristol

No idea when the vehicle will arrive at the dealers

I managed to put the VIN I was given into this site to find which vessel my car had been loaded onto:

https://www.molace.com/TRK/Search#

If you know the vessel you can track its progress using this site:

https://www.shiplocation.com/vessels
I tried the above and it worked, it appears that the Gold Hoshi car transporter docked in Portbury harbor this morning would anyone know how long it would take from the dock to be delivered to the dealership and be ready for collection? We ordered an XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark in Onyx Black last September, hopefully it is worth the wait.

Last edited by Esudix84; Apr 12th, 2024 at 14:27.
Esudix84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 18:11   #120
CastielSeraphim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esudix84 View Post
I tried the above and it worked, it appears that the Gold Hoshi car transporter docked in Portbury harbor this morning would anyone know how long it would take from the dock to be delivered to the dealership and be ready for collection? We ordered an XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark in Onyx Black last September, hopefully it is worth the wait.
Yes - Gold Hoshi arrived in the Bristol Channel around 6pm yesterday and is now moored at Portbury for unloading

Suspect it will take a while to get the vehicles out to the dealerships as Bristol has had delays ongoing for a while

My local dealership told me that once they receive the car they quote 5 day turanround but can do it in 24 hours if urgent
CastielSeraphim is offline   Reply With Quote