Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bluepower custom Volvo Stereo with nav SALE!

Views : 25149

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2009, 13:36   #31
v8disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds View Post
I just put a Kenwwod DNX 5220 unit into a 2000 V70 T5 the unit cost £520 from a Kenwood dealer it has Navigation, DVD/CD, Bluetooth all built in all software is upgradable Nav maps are Garmin everything is touch screen. I already had a Digital TV reviever from my Merc. The fitting kit was $65 from Tasca in the States.
This gives a top brand set up with full back up/
It looks great, it works really well (I think its a much better interface than the Volvo system in my other T5) all for a total well under £600.
Is there a downside, well the steering wheel controls dont work!!
Then again they only control volume and track chamges, I have been given a Web Site who apparently have an interface which will allow full functionality. If I get around to trying it out I will let you all know.
Hello MDS. I would be interested to have a link for Tasca, and also to know who makes the interface to allow steering wheel controls to work. I have a DNX7200in my V70 plus TV, Bluetooth, rear screens, reverse cam etc which is brilliant but wouldnt mind having the steering wheel buttons working.

Cheers. Martin
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 14:04   #32
mds

Default Tasca

Hi Martin
Try www.tascafordparts.com select Volvo subsection Collision then Instrument Panel then Centre Panel it is item 10 on the exploded view.
Remember to let them know whether you want Biege or Grey (My one is grey and a really good match)
I have a friend in Belgium who has just ordered the interface from Germany so in about 10 days I will let you know if its worth the money and effort.

Dave
mds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:35   #33
mds

Default Steering Wheel controls Interface

Just got back from Belgium, my old friend has had the steering wheel interface fitted and removed.

It caused more problems than it was worth CD/DVD tracks reycycling randomly it has gone back to the supplier in Frakfurt. They have offered to fit it if Max is in their locallity and check the software is all compatible? His installation is a Kenwood 7029 with all the add ons.

Isnt it fun having smart cars with smart components that argue with each other????

Think I will stick to using my left had as a remote to adjust things.

Dave
mds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 14:23   #34
Timbotambo
Been around a while....

Does anyone here own one of these then? If so, can you please review it based on installtion, interfacing, pros, cons etc? Some photos in use would be nice too!
Timbotambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:03   #35
noelmwendas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower View Post
Stock sale for next coming version

Now only for 453£

For more info and order contact: info@bluepower.se or order@bluepower.se

This is one very good thing but i think the price is a little high than other navigation systems but it is good
noelmwendas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 13:26   #36
nm1985
Rated "R"

What alternatives are there out there for this type of unit. I may be interested in having one fitted

2005 V70R - Sonic Blue - SOLD
nm1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 15:22   #37
EX V70R

Hi nm1985 I have a brand new bluepower unit for sale. Never fitted before. If you are interested please PM me.

NB Reason for sale, My R was sold before the unit was delivered. There was a delay from the supplier. If you would like photos etc, just ask.
EX V70R is offline   Reply With Quote