Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Few questions on the new XC60

Views : 672

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 13th, 2018, 23:04   #1
Liandada

Default Few questions on the new XC60

Had the car for 2 days now but would like to clarify the below:

1. Does XC60 has the Homelink (garage opener)option? I was hoping it was included in the Inscription Pro package but it wasn't as there weren't any buttons on the rear view mirror, can anyone confirm this?

2. I believed I managed to set Pilot assist above 80mph, but i might be confused with ACC, do we have any MY18.5 here that can shed some light?

3. Do we have any method to bypass the video in motion restrictions? ( Not for me, by my 15 months old baby sitting in the back, that could save me the hassle of installing a tablet at the back

Thanks!!
Liandada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2018, 00:52   #2
Jcbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandada View Post
Hope you are liking it

Quote:
1. Does XC60 has the Homelink (garage opener)option? I was hoping it was included in the Inscription Pro package but it wasn't as there weren't any buttons on the rear view mirror, can anyone confirm this?
Look like it is not available for the new XC60 yet: http://www.homelink.com/compatible/vehicles and cannot see it in the brochures or accessories lists

Quote:
2. I believed I managed to set Pilot assist above 80mph, but i might be confused with ACC, do we have any MY18.5 here that can shed some light?
According to the manual for a 2018 XC60: here
Quote:
Pilot Assist can follow another vehicle at speeds from 0 km/h up to 200 km/h(125 mph).
Quote:
3. Do we have any method to bypass the video in motion restrictions? ( Not for me, by my 15 months old baby sitting in the back, that could save me the hassle of installing a tablet at the back
I think you might be venturing into murky legal waters with this one. But I am not knowledgeable in this area (either the technical or legal), so will not venture anything further
Old Apr 14th, 2018, 06:19   #3
MOzS90

Other cars’ infotainment systems have been jail broken before to remove restrictions like the one you describe above. Google search it and you might find someone who could do it for you. It would be your decision as to whether doing it is sensible or not. I’ve never had any tech jail broken personally. To me, the clue is in the title.
Old Apr 14th, 2018, 06:24   #4
MOzS90

Another thing worth mentioning is PA2 may well work above 80mph but the self steering capabilities and the severeness of the corner being taken both improve hugely the slower you go. I drive my commute at 60 with the car managing all the curves on my stretch at that speed without risk of running wide. That has the double bonus of consistent mid 60s mpgs.
Old Apr 14th, 2018, 11:15   #5
Bernard F

Quote:

Thanks!!
There is no garage opener with Inscription Pro as you have found.
ACC will go as high as the car is capable. I would not dare set Pilot Assist above 70 not the least for legal reasons, I value my licence.
Driving with video on your sensus screen is most definitely breaking the Law. Installing a tablet is not necessary, you can get a harness to attach one over the seat back but don’t ask me where.