Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Latest Polestar Upgrade Offer

Views : 11300

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2022, 21:33   #21
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Just had mine done for £695 for info, not in Carlisle.
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2022, 21:55   #22
Astraeus

Is anyone aware of any offers?

I took an XC60 for a test drive today and was offered it at £745, which is too rich. I don't fancy blagging negotiations anymore, having chipped a lot off the price, and got my PX up. So was hoping to point to the price elsewhere to get it down to £500s.
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2022, 13:03   #23
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post
Just had mine done for £695 for info, not in Carlisle.
Is it worth spending more to negotiate on ? E.g. You fancy a Polestar upgrade and another years Volvo Selekt warranty, but can't afford both?

Or maybe just spend the going rate on Polestar ? My £695 was in Yorkshire.
Old May 14th, 2022, 20:19   #24
TaffyJerseyBean

Google is your friend.

Most dealers have it on “offer” for around £695 but within a couple of minutes I found 3 dealers online* advertising it for £599.

Mailed over screenshots to my dealer and they agreed to price match plus discount by a further 10% as I am having it installed alongside the PDI before I collect.

(*Waterhouse, Johnsons and Stoneacre)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by TaffyJerseyBean; May 14th, 2022 at 20:22.
TaffyJerseyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaffyJerseyBean For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 16:42   #25
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Polestar Optimisation has 50% off next week

But you do have to buy a Volvo Selekt used car
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 17:37   #26
Cloth Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post
Polestar Optimisation has 50% off next week

But you do have to buy a Volvo Selekt used car
I bought one about 2 months ago. Will I qualify?
Cloth Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 00:42   #27
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Does it really only add 5% power to a D5 XC60? 220bhp to 230bhp?

RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 11:42   #28
TaffyJerseyBean

Yes but its not just about the power. Its how the engine and gearbox reacts after the upgrade that make the most difference. It feels so much better and more compliant when you need it.

It is down to personal taste though. Some have tried it and wondered what the fuss was about. For me it was money well spent.
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 11:46   #29
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaffyJerseyBean View Post
Yes but its not just about the power. Its how the engine and gearbox reacts after the upgrade that make the most difference. It feels so much better and more compliant when you need it.

It is down to personal taste though. Some have tried it and wondered what the fuss was about. For me it was money well spent.
You have to be very careful regarding claims on gear changes etc as what you are discussing is SPA cars. I own a non SPA cars and accordingly I have no modes etc in mine, it’s simply drive. I spoke/emailed to Polstar and there is a disclaimer that earlier models don’t benifit from this. When I overviewed it with Polstar mine would have increased torque and power (not a great deal I may add) however it would not alter shift patterns etc.

I think polestar on SPA cars seems to be a whole car driving experience. And their are also modes pre SPA such as the D3 that is taken from 150BHP to 180BHP (significant) but on my 200BHP mode the power increased is 10 and the torque is little.

All Polestar optimisations are not equal.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 12:57   #30
TaffyJerseyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
You have to be very careful regarding claims on gear changes etc as what you are discussing is SPA cars. I own a non SPA cars and accordingly I have no modes etc in mine, it’s simply drive. I spoke/emailed to Polstar and there is a disclaimer that earlier models don’t benifit from this. When I overviewed it with Polstar mine would have increased torque and power (not a great deal I may add) however it would not alter shift patterns etc.

I think polestar on SPA cars seems to be a whole car driving experience. And their are also modes pre SPA such as the D3 that is taken from 150BHP to 180BHP (significant) but on my 200BHP mode the power increased is 10 and the torque is little.

All Polestar optimisations are not equal.
Thanks for the advice but I don’t have to be careful at all. I’m not “claiming” anything. I’m sharing my experience with the upgrade on my car.

If you look at my signature its clear which model I own. My Polestar optimisation is specific to that car. There is also a website (mentioned at length on here) that sets out exactly what the upgrade does to any specific model where it is available.

If there’s anyone on here daft enough to spend £700 of their hard earned money based purely on my post and blind assumption without proper research then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Last edited by TaffyJerseyBean; Jun 2nd, 2022 at 13:03.
TaffyJerseyBean is offline   Reply With Quote