Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Colour Issue Dilemma

Views : 6312

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Which colour should I choose based on resale and spec.
Ice White 16 37.21%
Sapphire Black 15 34.88%
Inscription Silver 12 27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 27th, 2011, 00:35   #11
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
As the car will be a d5 AWD the relevant figure that is needed is the ratio of auto/manual on these vehicles. My local dealer said that they had not sold a d5 manual when I was speaking to them last week. (I asked as I saw some d3 manuals and wondered if they had a d5 manual I could try) - do your stats provide this granularity?
72 D5 awd's, 9 are manual.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 01:28   #12
r-designbob
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60AWD View Post
I have ordered my new company car a XC60 D5 AWD manual with a number of extras.

I have ordered it in Ice White and really love the look of this colour, however I am concerned that a white, manual, 50,000 mile XC60 will be difficult to sell in 2 years.

Manuals are rare on the D5 and not many have this mileage on at 2 years old, the white paint potentially makes it even more difficult to sell.

So should I go for a safe resale colour either Sapphire Black or Inscription Silver?
Go for Flamenco Red, that is beautiful.
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 07:04   #13
XC60AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
volvo dealers have 142 used xc60's available country wide right now. 57 are manual.
Manuals are certainly not rare on XC60 but are very rare on a D5, maybe only one in fifteen D5's are manual. If you did a survey on here I would expect that to be one in seven/eight.

Last edited by XC60AWD; Feb 27th, 2011 at 07:18.
XC60AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 07:17   #14
XC60AWD

Quote:
As the car will be a d5 AWD the relevant figure that is needed is the ratio of auto/manual on these vehicles. My local dealer said that they had not sold a d5 manual when I was speaking to them last week. (I asked as I saw some d3 manuals and wondered if they had a d5 manual I could try) - do your stats provide this granularity?

I agree that as a company car (assumed lease?) the resale won't matter (even if you do own the company) as the lease company factors this into the lease price, the same applies to the gearbox

BTW, I voted for Ice White - I have said it before, I wish I had bought that colour!!!
The car is being bought for cash, which is why I am concerned about resale, I also note at the moment that the only XC60's unsold on Volvo's used website on the R-design model are white or red, red is certainly not for me. I had discounted black, due to the industry I am in( I notice you are in Greyshott, one of our offices Gould and Chapman is in your village) but I saw a clean one on the road recently and it does show off the silver R-design bits better than a white or silver car.

My heart says white but my head says black/silver.

Old Feb 27th, 2011, 07:45   #15
XC60AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-designbob View Post
Go for Flamenco Red, that is beautiful.
You cant get Flamenco Red on a R-design D5, also red is certainly not for me.

Old Feb 27th, 2011, 09:23   #16
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Manuals are certainly not rare on XC60 but are very rare on a D5, maybe only one in fifteen D5's are manual. If you did a survey on here I would expect that to be one in seven/eight.
Figures shown earlier by Darb show that it is 1 in 8, or 12.5%

Message, d5 manual is a rare beast which either means it command a high value, or conversely that no-one wants them - I think it is the latter
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 10:49   #17
Ransman
Master Member

If it's maximising resale value you are after you need to go for the popular colours. However you will be saving a chunk by going for a solid colour so it is unlikely you would lose as much when you sell as you gain by not specifying a metallic/pearlescent colour.

Go for the colour you prefer.
Ransman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 11:17   #18
Philpottig
Better than an X3 or Q5

Quote:
Figures shown earlier by Darb show that it is 1 in 8, or 12.5%

Message, d5 manual is a rare beast which either means it command a high value, or conversely that no-one wants them - I think it is the latter
Based on the numbers I would play safe and go for an auto if I was concerned enough to be worried about resale value or losing money.
Philpottig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 13:26   #19
r-designbob
Premier Member

Quote:
You cant get Flamenco Red on a R-design D5, also red is certainly not for me.
Sorry I didn't realise you were after an R-Design (you never mentioned it in your original post )
You can get Flamenco Red in the xc60 d5, one of the guys has it here on the forum. Beside the point though as you say Red is out.

I originally wanted Flamenco Red but was told no for RD's then went for Sapphire Black:

auto by the way.
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 15:42   #20
XC60AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-designbob View Post
Sorry I didn't realise you were after an R-Design (you never mentioned it in your original post )
You can get Flamenco Red in the xc60 d5, one of the guys has it here on the forum. Beside the point though as you say Red is out.

I originally wanted Flamenco Red but was told no for RD's then went for Sapphire Black:

auto by the way.
Nice, I saw an identical one in Reading yesterday just after being washed, looks great when clean