Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1995 940 B230FT AW71 red metallic breaking for spares

Views : 2685

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 18:26   #21
Tarquin105

Default Volvo 940 parts needed.

Hi P505DEF, you sent me a private message - I can't answer as posted too few threads...
Thanks - Mine is different and has the hazard light on the back of the steering, not on the stalk...
I'd be interested in the heater controls, and also looking for the temperature valve - preferably with all the clips as the previous owner lost them.
The seats sound the same as mine, unhappily I may have to try and find a set of leather as all the drivers seats appear to be the same - crap!
Thanks, Adrian

Last edited by Tarquin105; Jan 3rd, 2023 at 18:32. Reason: Wrong, needed changing
Tarquin105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 19:25   #22
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin105 View Post
Hi P505DEF, you sent me a private message - I can't answer as posted too few threads...
Thanks - Mine is different and has the hazard light on the back of the steering, not on the stalk...
I'd be interested in the heater controls, and also looking for the temperature valve - preferably with all the clips as the previous owner lost them.
The seats sound the same as mine, unhappily I may have to try and find a set of leather as all the drivers seats appear to be the same - crap!
Thanks, Adrian
Send me a WhatsApp to 07393958463 so I can send you a pic of what’s on the car
P505DEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 18:13   #23
GingerMagic

I've spoken to Tom regarding the drivers door seal to replace mine but his is also split.

So, does anyone know if there is enough flex in the passenger side seal to allow it to be used as a drivers side seal?

Kelv
2019 Citroen C3 ( wife's )
GingerMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerMagic For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 6th, 2023, 05:14   #24
P505DEF
Master Member

Hi guys, I have been overwhelmed by the amount of questions and requests for spare parts from my breaker car which has now departed to the garage in the sky. I have also had a large request for parts to be sent abroad particularly to the USA and Canada. I use EBay’s GSP program where the shipping parts are calculated by ebay. I have sadly also found a lot of people ask for parts and either moan about the price or not reply back when I have taken parts off for them. What I have done to make this fairer, easier to keep track of and make sure people get to see the parts I have saved in picture form is I have added them to my eBay which is https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/volvobreakers if you go on there and have a browse I have got some fairly interesting parts. I have set prices on most items as a buy it now and I have added the make offer function which will decline silly offers and accept sensible ones. I had my knee replacement yesterday so my plan is over the next few days to be adding more items whilst I am bored recovering because as you can appreciate I have a lot that isn’t yet listed. If its not on there please do ask as I have a fair idea of what’s in my shed and garage. I have 100% feedback and I take a huge pride in making sure things are sold in A) working order unless stated otherwise B) described accurately and C) are something I would be happy to fit to my own 940. The way the postage works is simple, if it’s saying to contact me to arrange postage I may have to work out a price for your country if it’s not on the GSP program, I can do this. Should you buy multiple items and want combined shipping that is also fine, however you need to at your end press the request a shipping quote or request an invoice part so I can process it for you, it doesn’t always show sold items in buyer order so it can be a bit difficult to spot and I will do my best to adjust it for you. Also with prices try and think of it this way, I bought the car I broke for parts for my own 940, I have taken the time to test and remove the bits I don’t need, photo them and add them for sale, I will then have to package and post them too so there is time involved in the removal of these parts. I really don’t need stupid comments like I could get this £50 part for £10 from elsewhere, my answer is go on then, I am not majorly desperate to shift all of the parts because my daily is a 940 so the parts are actually useful to me and are valued as such, like I said sensible offers are accepted. Finally let’s treat each other with respect, sadly one or two of the people on this group haven’t been!

Thanks

Tom
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to P505DEF For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2023, 08:21   #25
P505DEF
Master Member

Default Update on the parts that are gone

Hi guys, a quick update on what’s left of this car

NOT AVAILABLE AS ALREADY SOLD FROM THIS CAR
1) the shell has now gone
2) engine, box, gold ezk, fuel ecu and engine loom
3) gear selector
4) fuse box
5) heater fan
6) both front door handle trims
7) boot interior panels both upper and lower
8) speedo pod
9) rear lights
10) headlight brackets
11) complete egr valve set up
12) radiator
13) intercooler and pipes
14) glove box
15) bumper front
16) fuel pump (broken on removal)
17) indicator stalk

STILL AVAILABLE
1) both near side doors in 418 red with not much wrong with them
2) both front wings 418 red, off side slight surface rust on rear, near side no rust
3) complete front slam panel with chassis legs and supports and some inner wing
4) both headlights
5) door cards (bidding on ebay starting 99p)
6) heater panel non ac
7) wiper stalk
8) lots of individual trim pieces
9) rear load cover (provisionally sold)
10) lots of trim clips
11) various relays from various Volvos
12) auto pedal rubber
13) accelerator pedal
14) abs pump with all the relays
15) tons of 700/900 bulb holders front and rear

Most of it has now been added to my eBay account, the majority of it is buy it now or make an offer as I find it far easier to do business that way than thing like Facebook where people say they are coming and then don’t turn up etc. it also opens up a bigger market for me across the pond where the Americans seem to like or struggle to get some of the parts I have for sale! I have just had a knee replacement so it’s my project whilst recovering to get my garage and shed back in order so it gives me something to do because only 3 days in im terribly bored already 😂 if any of you have any suggestions of what to do with my time to let this recovery time of 8 weeks in a cage thing go quicker (clean only and doesn’t involve oscillation of a hand) then those suggestions are also welcome!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P505DEF For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 10th, 2023, 13:16   #26
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Parts received thanks On a Sunday too!

Many thanks
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 10th, 2023, 14:46   #27
volvo always
Premier Member

Thanks tom.

Received the Adhara wheel trim centre caps yesterday. Fitted today. really finishes off my winter wheels.

Above my drivers door is a missing oblong grey blanking plate. Presume where optional grab handle would secure. One is totally missing. Do you have one complete with screw?

Many thanks. James.
volvo always is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 10th, 2023, 17:29   #28
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo always View Post
Thanks tom.

Received the Adhara wheel trim centre caps yesterday. Fitted today. really finishes off my winter wheels.

Above my drivers door is a missing oblong grey blanking plate. Presume where optional grab handle would secure. One is totally missing. Do you have one complete with screw?

Many thanks. James.
I may have a rear one which could potentially fit. I broke the clips on the piece your after when I tried taking them off but the rear handles survived and the front passenger one is already sold.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P505DEF For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 13:40   #29
Steve 940
Premier Member

Hi Tom,

Vent and door shims received safely, many thanks.

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: