Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 T6 - 2013 Jap Import - SatNav & Radio

Views : 267

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2022, 19:22   #1
Phil S
2015 V70 T6 AWD

Default V70 T6 - 2013 Jap Import - SatNav & Radio

Hello everyone,

After being without a Volvo for a couple of years I'm going back - I'm looking at a 2013 V70 T6. My question is around the screen that sits in the centre of the dash, which displays SatNav. Does anyone know what's involved with making the SatNav work in the UK. Essentially, I'd prefer everything to be stock, as if it was a UK car.

I've looked at an Audi A6 AllRoad - to make that work, you're looking at £1800 to swap out components, new DAB radio and get EU maps uploaded.

Any help would be appreciated
Phil
Phil S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 20:53   #2
Nick04

Just imported a V50, I originally was keen to make it UK friendly. But now I think the best thing to do is embrace the Japanese-ness of it. Not sure if it's the same with the V70 (probably will be) but it seems you end up creating trouble for yourself and you'll have to pay the piper to do so. There's always compromises to be made when buying a vehicle. Working those compromises out and measuring them against your overall spend is the key to success in my opinion.
Nick04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 21:52   #3
Wagon Sailor
Junior Senior

I bought a Honda just yesterday from someone who imported it in 2020. The satnav cannot be converted to UK or European and the radio seems to be able to pick up Radio 2 but nothing else.
It's all in a double din touch screen. The whole lot would have to be replaced.
Nick04 is right: embrace the difference!

------------------------------------------------------
Comfy and roomy but a bit boring. I've had two.
Wagon Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 07:29   #4
savabill
Master Member

An FM range expander will sort your radio out. It plugs into the back of the head unit.

NOW 59 REG 2.5T V70 Ice White

SOLD 55 REG T5 V70 Ruby Red
savabill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savabill For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 07:45   #5
Phil S
2015 V70 T6 AWD

Hello chaps - and thanks for your replies.

Yes - I'm learning that the Jap SatNavs cannot be re-programmed.
So how about this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144313286...EAAOSwXxFhp0to

This is a satnav head unit and display for a V70 from a UK breakers - it's less than £100, am I hoping too much that I could just swap out?

Perhaps I could do the same with the stereo?

Any ideas?
Phil S is offline   Reply With Quote