Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Indi Rochdale area

Views : 1293

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2022, 16:21   #11
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Capitalist roader.
Care to elaborate?
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 12:09   #12
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

"Black exterior with cream leather interior."

Wow. You are an immoral bastard. Feel bad. How can you live with yourself, comrade? Can’t you just see you’re a cog in the capitalist pig's corporate machine?

Saw this on the tractor-factory wall...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capitalist roader.jpg (75.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 20th, 2022 at 13:52.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 17:13   #13
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Thanks Kev

It is for sale at a dealers, ticks lots of boxes, on the face of it will need new hood at sometime in not too distant future as rear screen seal is failing on 2 sections. Never ceases to amaze me that this is so common - hoods not cleaned and conditioned regularly with a close to £1500 bill to replace i suspect

Will give your recco a call and thanks for the suggestion - much appreciated
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 17:16   #14
Bigfella666
Premier Member

CNG my lunatic friend!

I disagree ; the capitalist lying bastard pig is the leader of our once great nation forcing many low mileage drivers such as me to find a bird puller which does not cost me £12.50 a day on top of extortionate road tax and fuel prices !
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 19:38   #15
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfella666 View Post
CNG my lunatic friend!

I disagree ; the capitalist lying bastard pig is the leader of our once great nation forcing many low mileage drivers such as me to find a bird puller which does not cost me £12.50 a day on top of extortionate road tax and fuel prices !
The irony escapes. The thing is, most of us wouldn't want to be a politician; this leaves a sorry choice from those that do. If we try to single one politician as much worse/better than another, we're not looking properly.

They will always find one rule for them, one rule for us. That'd be the very first rule. If you are genuinely surprised at this, you'd be an idiot - or it's your surprise that's fake? As a breed, the best we can say; they're a necessary-evil.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 21st, 2022 at 19:58.
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 21:57   #16
sdg1970
Master Member

Comrade?? As applied to a majority Volvo owners - that's one hell of an Oxymoron (at least outside of the M25...)
sdg1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2022, 13:13   #17
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

From where I sit, here, just outside the M25, we see the first glimmers of another nation-state about to form. And inside the north/south circular the 'other world' is there already.

They can’t even comprehend how anyone could hold such "outside the M25" views. They are literally incapable of mentally modelling the worldview of any other opinion.

This, apparently, is a good thing.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 23rd, 2022 at 13:19.
Old Jan 23rd, 2022, 16:09   #18
sdg1970
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post

They can’t even comprehend how anyone could hold such "outside the M25" views. They are literally incapable of mentally modelling the worldview of any other opinion.

This, apparently, is a good thing.
Indeed - it's funny watching them squirm though, when the home truths are rammed home to them on Twitter (which is the epicentre of the current Wokerati, Bollinger quaffing left).

Meanwhile, whilst Johnson will rightly get a bloodied-nose at the locals in May, the longer term view suggests there is no threat of the Momentum types influencing much outside a certain motorway. Starmer being a Blairite - along with the Tories currently - will mean splitting any future vote in favour of minorities isn't a problem.
sdg1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2022, 21:06   #19
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg1970 View Post
Indeed - it's funny watching them squirm though, when the home truths are rammed home to them on Twitter (which is the epicentre of the current Wokerati, Bollinger quaffing left).

Meanwhile, whilst Johnson will rightly get a bloodied-nose at the locals in May, the longer term view suggests there is no threat of the Momentum types influencing much outside a certain motorway. Starmer being a Blairite - along with the Tories currently - will mean splitting any future vote in favour of minorities isn't a problem.
Ahem. Dear me, you can't write that. In some circles, that amounts to a holocaust-denial. Redeem yourself quick, else we'll be round. You know the kinda' thing... something like:

"How can this be the current year and people hold opinions deviating from what I deem acceptable?"

My tip: If you're fresh out of ideas, a Get-out-of-jail-free-card is to call somebody an 'ist'; throw in a few 'problematics' and ask to be placed in a safe-zone.

If that fails, imbibe every inherited-privilege it bestows, then scream "I HATE this country". Soak up your cushy life; Topple a statue; Buy a Merc.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 23rd, 2022 at 22:00.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 07:59   #20
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Thanks Kev but as yoo hinted Mastertech will only consider if I get the car to them - which is a little impractical to say the least at the mo !

On the upside although on the face of it very reasonably priced, by the time one factors in service, plugs, gearbox fluid change, new hood it is well overpriced and no doubt will sit on the forecourt for another 3 months