Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 CD HPT Estate for sale

Views : 2150

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 19:51   #1
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Default 940 CD HPT Estate for sale

97 Volvo 940 Turbo HPT CD Auto

189000 miles ish.

P394DDF if you want to check MOT history.

Pictures here: www.imgur.com/a/o3YMLzb

Top of the range model with electric memory seats, climate control, electric sunroof,

Standard high pressure turbo model, not a modified LPT.

Fitted with 4x Michelin Cross Climate tyres (£400 on their own).

Has a very expensive Tony Banks Stainless steel exhaust system on it, sounds great with a slightly nicer burble at idle than standard and will obviously last for decades!

Massive service history - so much paperwork it’s ridiculous. I’ve looked after if and as such 4 MOTs passed with no advisories, last one had 2 minors.

Happy for anytime to come and have a look. It’s not perfect but it’s been very well looked after and would suit someone who wants a nice original car (with some light mods to improve on standard for usability/looks rather than to pimp or drift it!).

Goes, stops and steers as it should, everything works as it should. Quite happy for my wife to use if for her work (she loves the car) and do 400 miles in a day if needed - although we haven’t put much mileage on it since we got it nearly 6 years ago.

In my ownership I have done the following

Replaced the suspension - new Bilstein B4 dampers and -40mm Killeen springs
Replaced brakes - discs/pads and fluid
Replaced ignition - rotor arm/cap/leads/plugs
Replaced battery
Replaced all window guides
Machine polished
New door seal/boot lid struts/expansion tank/various under bonnet cables and pipes
Loads of small things checked/replaced/cleaned/adjusted - every time I’ve seen someone mention an issue on the forum I’ve checked it on my own car.

Modifications from standard:
Lowered 40mm
Replaced all door and dash carpets inserts with padded alcantara inserts to match
Resprayed front grill to resemble 740
Removed front headlamp washers/wipers and fitted proper Volvo blanking points - looks a lot cleaner
Air box mod, including cold air intake mod
Hella Supertone horns fitted behind grill (rather than standard under bumper position where they go rusty!)
V90 rear wiper
Debadged on rear - can be reattached as supplied
Pioneer CD head unit with full set of modified Pioneer speakers in all the doors - miles better than standard but original unit will be included. Car is wired for the Volvo 6CD changer if you wanted to install it.
New Clear front indicators fitted with proper Osram expensive Diadem silver bulbs (originals supplied)
New clear side indicators fitted with same bulbs (I think I have the originals)
New Clear/red rear lights fitted with same bulbs (originals were damaged).
Complete set of nice custom floor mats in black with black/white trim.
Probably loads more….

I have a full set of footwell snow trays, loads of spare relays and will include any spares I have for the car.

Positives:

All mechanical stuff runs sweetly. I’ve checked everything on this car and when I’ve gone through the usual problem you get on these cars I haven’t found them or they’ve been fixed 100% by the previous owner (who was a member on here).

All electric stuff works fine.

The previous owner did loads of stuff like have the original turbo refurbished, the crankcase breather system replaced, etc and loads loads more. He did everything that needed to be done and I’ve carried on in the same vein and only used genuine Volvo parts (or better) to sort anything out.

Dash works fine including mileage/trip and has the sought after temperature gauge!

Seats are full leather and the optional “ruched” finish. Slight amount of wear to drivers seat but otherwise great.

Negatives
There are a few dings and paint defects on the paintwork. Looks great when cleaned up but if I was keeping it the next job would be to get a guy out the get rid of the small dents and do some localised paint repairs. The less obsessive than me would probably just leave it though.

Couple of bulbs out in the dashboard

Engine bay needs a clean as well as the interior headlining but again you may leave it. Both are in fine condition but if you want it 100% it’s just some elbow grease to sort out.

Some surface rust as you’d expect underneath and if I was keeping long term it I’d buzz it all off and under seal it.

I really really want this to go to someone who will look after it. It’s a top of the range model you rarely see and worth looking after for the future. If it want for my current financial situation I would not sell it.

£2500 open to offers.

Test drives are only if you bring proof of insurance and full asking price in cash - no exceptions. I am happy to drive it for you and will do anything you want to check it over.
MiniNinjaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiniNinjaRob For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 20:39   #2
griston64
Premier Member

Lovely car ! Nice advert with a really good price. Hope it goes to a good home GLWTS

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Jan 14th, 2022 at 13:59.
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 22:20   #3
Luke33

This is lovely! Could you send me your details please as I can't send you a PM yet

Many Thanks Luke
Luke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luke33 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 23:33   #4
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
Lovely car ! Nice advert with a really good price. Hope it goes to a good home GLWTS
Thanks very much I appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MiniNinjaRob For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 23:33   #5
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke33 View Post
This is lovely! Could you send me your details please as I can't send you a PM yet

Many Thanks Luke
PM sent.
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 17:12   #6
baabaablaine

Hello,

I'm in the same boat, interested but unable to PM.

Kind regards

Blaine
baabaablaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baabaablaine For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 18:25   #7
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baabaablaine View Post
Hello,

I'm in the same boat, interested but unable to PM.

Kind regards

Blaine
PM sent, thanks.
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 18:48   #8
baabaablaine

Email sent thanks(may be in spam)
baabaablaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baabaablaine For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 14:54   #9
diddien01

Default Still for sale??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob View Post
97 Volvo 940 Turbo HPT CD Auto

189000 miles ish.

P394DDF if you want to check MOT history.

Pictures here: www.imgur.com/a/o3YMLzb

Top of the range model with electric memory seats, climate control, electric sunroof,

Standard high pressure turbo model, not a modified LPT.

Fitted with 4x Michelin Cross Climate tyres (£400 on their own).

Has a very expensive Tony Banks Stainless steel exhaust system on it, sounds great with a slightly nicer burble at idle than standard and will obviously last for decades!

Massive service history - so much paperwork it’s ridiculous. I’ve looked after if and as such 4 MOTs passed with no advisories, last one had 2 minors.

Happy for anytime to come and have a look. It’s not perfect but it’s been very well looked after and would suit someone who wants a nice original car (with some light mods to improve on standard for usability/looks rather than to pimp or drift it!).

Goes, stops and steers as it should, everything works as it should. Quite happy for my wife to use if for her work (she loves the car) and do 400 miles in a day if needed - although we haven’t put much mileage on it since we got it nearly 6 years ago.

In my ownership I have done the following

Replaced the suspension - new Bilstein B4 dampers and -40mm Killeen springs
Replaced brakes - discs/pads and fluid
Replaced ignition - rotor arm/cap/leads/plugs
Replaced battery
Replaced all window guides
Machine polished
New door seal/boot lid struts/expansion tank/various under bonnet cables and pipes
Loads of small things checked/replaced/cleaned/adjusted - every time I’ve seen someone mention an issue on the forum I’ve checked it on my own car.

Modifications from standard:
Lowered 40mm
Replaced all door and dash carpets inserts with padded alcantara inserts to match
Resprayed front grill to resemble 740
Removed front headlamp washers/wipers and fitted proper Volvo blanking points - looks a lot cleaner
Air box mod, including cold air intake mod
Hella Supertone horns fitted behind grill (rather than standard under bumper position where they go rusty!)
V90 rear wiper
Debadged on rear - can be reattached as supplied
Pioneer CD head unit with full set of modified Pioneer speakers in all the doors - miles better than standard but original unit will be included. Car is wired for the Volvo 6CD changer if you wanted to install it.
New Clear front indicators fitted with proper Osram expensive Diadem silver bulbs (originals supplied)
New clear side indicators fitted with same bulbs (I think I have the originals)
New Clear/red rear lights fitted with same bulbs (originals were damaged).
Complete set of nice custom floor mats in black with black/white trim.
Probably loads more….

I have a full set of footwell snow trays, loads of spare relays and will include any spares I have for the car.

Positives:

All mechanical stuff runs sweetly. I’ve checked everything on this car and when I’ve gone through the usual problem you get on these cars I haven’t found them or they’ve been fixed 100% by the previous owner (who was a member on here).

All electric stuff works fine.

The previous owner did loads of stuff like have the original turbo refurbished, the crankcase breather system replaced, etc and loads loads more. He did everything that needed to be done and I’ve carried on in the same vein and only used genuine Volvo parts (or better) to sort anything out.

Dash works fine including mileage/trip and has the sought after temperature gauge!

Seats are full leather and the optional “ruched” finish. Slight amount of wear to drivers seat but otherwise great.

Negatives
There are a few dings and paint defects on the paintwork. Looks great when cleaned up but if I was keeping it the next job would be to get a guy out the get rid of the small dents and do some localised paint repairs. The less obsessive than me would probably just leave it though.

Couple of bulbs out in the dashboard

Engine bay needs a clean as well as the interior headlining but again you may leave it. Both are in fine condition but if you want it 100% it’s just some elbow grease to sort out.

Some surface rust as you’d expect underneath and if I was keeping long term it I’d buzz it all off and under seal it.

I really really want this to go to someone who will look after it. It’s a top of the range model you rarely see and worth looking after for the future. If it want for my current financial situation I would not sell it.

£2500 open to offers.

Test drives are only if you bring proof of insurance and full asking price in cash - no exceptions. I am happy to drive it for you and will do anything you want to check it over.
Hi, please can You whatsapp me If the car is still for sale? Cheers Michal (079574406070
diddien01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diddien01 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 9th, 2022, 17:33   #10
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddien01 View Post
Hi, please can You whatsapp me If the car is still for sale? Cheers Michal (079574406070
PM sent, thanks.