Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine system service required

Views : 1698

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 14th, 2021, 12:45   #1
ShaunKaz

Default Engine system service required

Hi all. I have a volvo s60 II 2011 and after fitting a new head I have the dreaded engine system service required with engine management light on also.. I've put vida on and the fault I'm getting is the P00BD00 which is to do with the maf sensor I believe. When the car is cold it's fine lots of acceleration but after a few miles as it warms up it then goes into limp mode and I loose the acceleration.. any ideas why I'm getting this.. what do I need to check.. any help appreciated..
ShaunKaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2021, 13:18   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunKaz View Post
Hi all. I have a volvo s60 II 2011 and after fitting a new head I have the dreaded engine system service required with engine management light on also.. I've put vida on and the fault I'm getting is the P00BD00 which is to do with the maf sensor I believe. When the car is cold it's fine lots of acceleration but after a few miles as it warms up it then goes into limp mode and I loose the acceleration.. any ideas why I'm getting this.. what do I need to check.. any help appreciated..
It indicates that the amount of air it measures going in does not correspond to what it is expecting to be flowing and that moment under those conditions. So the most obvious is an air leak in the intake pipe or intercooler , or Wrong air mass meter ?
Old Dec 14th, 2021, 18:31   #3
ShaunKaz

Hi, cant be wrong sensor as not changed that.. so Im persuming something to do with air leakage some where..
Old Dec 14th, 2021, 20:09   #4
ShaunKaz

Just had another quick look as I saw on here that if you disconnect the wire from the MAF sensor whilst the engine is running, if ok the engine should stop.. when i disconnected the wire there is no difference what so ever.. however I checked on vida and it did throw up some more codes..
P011300 - intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high (bank 1)
P010000 mass or volume air flow a circuit
P00BD00 - mass or volume air flow a circuit too high

with there being no difference in engine change when disconnected would you think this is faulty?
Old Dec 15th, 2021, 00:49   #5
reggit
Premier Member

Get it on vida, that will guide you to the fault. It sounds like you’re starting to guess which can work out very expensive.
Old Dec 15th, 2021, 09:54   #6
ShaunKaz

I'm still a novice on vida to be honest.. could you tell me what i need to do first
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 15:56   #7
ShaunKaz

Hi All heres an update I purchased a vacuum tester and tested the vacuum system.. Ive checked all the pipes and there ok ive even tested the vacumm with engine running but I did notice one thing.. when I checked the vacuum for the turbo control valve (TCV) there was nothing(with engine off).. the pipe which connects to the TCV I disconnected and whilst enging is running there is plenty of vacuum and the guage holds steady.. but when the TCV is connected i connect the tester to the output side of TCV its very, very erratic. So I can only assume there is something wrong with the TCV.. what would you say?
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 16:24   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunKaz View Post
Hi All heres an update I purchased a vacuum tester and tested the vacuum system.. Ive checked all the pipes and there ok ive even tested the vacumm with engine running but I did notice one thing.. when I checked the vacuum for the turbo control valve (TCV) there was nothing(with engine off).. the pipe which connects to the TCV I disconnected and whilst enging is running there is plenty of vacuum and the guage holds steady.. but when the TCV is connected i connect the tester to the output side of TCV its very, very erratic. So I can only assume there is something wrong with the TCV.. what would you say?
The Turbo control valve works by opening and closing at very high speed maybe 100 times a second so the output vacuum will be a bit unstable on a gauge . Its much more stable when connected up to the turbo wastegate chamber
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 12:36   #9
D5 Drew

Default Engine System Service Required

Ok so took my 2010 XC70 in to Volvo after seeing this message on the dash display. Fearing a DPF issue it transpired that it was a small hole in the twin turbo connector pipe. Replaced for £135 all in. Car feels like it’s had 20hp put back on
D5 Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2021, 15:52   #10
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D5 Drew View Post
Ok so took my 2010 XC70 in to Volvo after seeing this message on the dash display. Fearing a DPF issue it transpired that it was a small hole in the twin turbo connector pipe. Replaced for £135 all in. Car feels like it’s had 20hp put back on
A good result 👍