Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2005 Volvo V70 d5 163

Views : 2890

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 8th, 2021, 21:58   #11
burstlikeabubble

burstlikeabubble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burstlikeabubble For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 12:32   #12
Mkengineering
Master Member

Open to offers
Mkengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2021, 04:28   #13
Mkengineering
Master Member

Open to sensible offers
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 15:30   #14
Mkengineering
Master Member

No one intrested in a sorted d5?

Is it me or has the forum died?

Doesnt seem to be much going on here?
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 16:38   #15
Kev0607
Premier Member

Have you got it advertised elsewhere?

I wouldn’t be relying just on a forum alone to sell it (if that’s what you’ve done). I’m not interested in buying, but I do read what’s for sale on occasion.

I guess there isn’t much interest (clearly not here anyway). I don’t think the fact that you’ve only owned it less than a month helps & you’ve mentioned its given trouble. People run a mile when they hear that (I would).

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you’re just trying to flog something that has more problems than you’re saying. No offence intended, but once I read “I’ve owned it a month & I haven’t got the time or patience to fix it” means there’s more than meets the eye with this & it could take someone a while to sort (time that you haven’t got). I know you’ve fitted a new clutch, but what other issues are there (if any)? Saying you “need it gone” after you’ve owned it for less than a month just rings alarm bells, or are you a car trader?

So, either people aren’t interested full stop, or they don’t want to buy a lemon and/or haven’t got the time or patience to fix it (like yourself).

Hopefully someone comes along & buys it, especially being open to sensible offers. The pictures look good, but looks are deceiving!

I’d be inclined to advertise it elsewhere, if you haven’t done already. You need to be more upfront about it though because your advert just sounds like this is a lemon with silver paint, but maybe its not? If its not, then say it & make it clear. If it is, then you can’t really blame people for not wanting to buy it when you’re trying to flog it yourself! If there’s issues, you need to be upfront so people know.

Last edited by Kev0607; Nov 15th, 2021 at 17:16.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 17:09   #16
JJD1
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post

I wouldn’t be relying just on a forum alone to sell it (if that’s what you’ve done). I’m not interested in buying, but I do read what’s for sale on occasion.

I guess there isn’t much interest (clearly not here anyway). I don’t think the fact that you’ve only owned it less than a month helps & you’ve mentioned its given trouble. People run a mile when they hear that (I would).

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you’re just trying to flog something that has more problems than you’re saying. No offence intended, but once I read “I’ve owned it a month & I haven’t got the time or patience to fix it” means there’s more than meets the eye with this. I know you’ve fitted a new clutch, but what other issues are there? People will want to know. Saying you “need it gone” just rings alarm bells.

So, either people aren’t interested full stop, or they don’t want to buy a lemon and/or haven’t got the time or patience to fix it (like yourself).
Exactly this ...the whole advert screams "run" / Re edit and stick it one ebay .facebook .And its always better to say less .Then delete this thread etc .If you know of issues and dont declare them. Private sale or not it can come and bite you back
JJD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 21:13   #17
Mkengineering
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you’re just trying to flog something that has more problems than you’re saying. No offence intended, but once I read “I’ve owned it a month & I haven’t got the time or patience to fix it” means there’s more than meets the eye with this & it could take someone a while to sort (time that you haven’t got). I know you’ve fitted a new clutch, but what other issues are there (if any)? Saying you “need it gone” after you’ve owned it for less than a month just rings alarm bells, or are you a car trader?

Hopefully someone comes along & buys it, especially being open to sensible offers. The pictures look good, but looks are deceiving!

I’d be inclined to advertise it elsewhere, if you haven’t done already. You need to be more upfront about it though because your advert just sounds like this is a lemon with silver paint, but maybe its not? If its not, then say it & make it clear. If it is, then you can’t really blame people for not wanting to buy it when you’re trying to flog it yourself! If there’s issues, you need to be upfront so people know.

Thank you.

I see what you saying and no offence has been taken at all. I have advertised it on the usually sites.

But I'd rather be honest with everyone rather than be dishonest.

Yes I've owned the car for a short period of time, and the reason why I need it gone is due to space.

But I've noted what you said. Just seems to me that this forum in general is dead
The Following User Says Thank You to Mkengineering For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 23:02   #18
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkengineering View Post
Thank you.

I see what you saying and no offence has been taken at all. I have advertised it on the usually sites.

But I'd rather be honest with everyone rather than be dishonest.

Yes I've owned the car for a short period of time, and the reason why I need it gone is due to space.

But I've noted what you said. Just seems to me that this forum in general is dead
That’s understandable. I’d mention that you’re selling it due to space in your advert on the other sites, if you haven’t done so already. Being honest means a lot, as there’s so many people out there who aren’t honest, are selling piles of junk & know that they’re doing it!

I don’t take heed of forum activity as such, but maybe section activity varies & this one may be quieter than others.

Best of luck with the sale.

Last edited by Kev0607; Nov 15th, 2021 at 23:07.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 00:06   #19
Gen_Billy

I posted a sale thread/advert on this forum a couple of months ago, it didnt get me anywhere. I actually spent some time and effort writing the post. I thought I get more interest from the Volvo community but I didn't get any offers, infact I got some negativity due to my car not being as original as it once was.

I've decided to keep my car slightly longer at least for the next 3 months because its costing me nothing to run it apart the fuel and the ULEZ charge when I use it over the weekend's.

Still looking for a home for it. I might declare it SORN when the tax runs out. Anyone knows any garages in East London that I can store it for a while? Perhaps in 10 years time the vehicle will hold more value. Im planning to take the vehicle to Volvo in December for one last service, not sure if its worth it, because its going to cost me about the same as the value of the car....

Last edited by Gen_Billy; Nov 16th, 2021 at 00:09.
Gen_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen_Billy For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 13:04   #20
Mkengineering
Master Member

Well as mentioned I have nothing to hide about the car at all.

I would want to treat people fair and be 100% as that way they know what they are potentially buying.

As for the forum activity it is 100% dead. Literally no buzz or a sense of community which is a massive shame. Not so long ago in was selling some lowering springs. Had so many DM's about them and not one actually wanted it! In the end I scrapped them as I got so annoyed.

Have to admit this is the first forum I've come across that you can sense it's mainly for guys over 50+ haha

I've used other forms such as the BMW M3 and Evo 6 forums , and they have so much life on them.

As said maybe it's just how this forum is and its demographic?

Ah well never mind