Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo v50 wind deflector problem.

Views : 1490

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 24th, 2017, 21:52   #1
Helterskelter

Default Volvo v50 wind deflector problem.

Hi all. I picked up a set of heko wind deflectors and attempted to fit them this evening. I'm having a problem with them. Fitted them to several cars before with no problem but these windows seem to have a much shallower seal to the point where the clips don't even fully go in ( they still stick out after going in and hitting the top of the seal)
Tried for ages to a point where my window is now playing up and not wanting to go down sometimes and seems to have a bit of play/rocking when first coming down.
Any ideas?
Helterskelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 14:55   #2
Helterskelter

No one fitted wind deflectors?
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 15:41   #3
JMI

Try to reinstall the clips in different place along the frame of the window. When I did mine I had similar issues. The windows did no want to close properly. They were hitting the clips and moving down automatically.
JMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 17:15   #4
Helterskelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMI View Post
Try to reinstall the clips in different place along the frame of the window. When I did mine I had similar issues. The windows did no want to close properly. They were hitting the clips and moving down automatically.
I tried them in a good few places but even without the clips it still jams. Started to worry as the window stopped working at one point.
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 17:20   #5
JMI

Windows will find their palace eventually. This is what happened with mine. Now they close nicely without any interruption. The other option is to return them and leave the car without deflectors if you are worried about adding to much strain on the regulator/motor of the window.
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 20:10   #6
Helterskelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMI View Post
Windows will find their palace eventually. This is what happened with mine. Now they close nicely without any interruption. The other option is to return them and leave the car without deflectors if you are worried about adding to much strain on the regulator/motor of the window.
Did you just keep opening and closing untill they settled? Roughly where did you put your clips.

Yeah might have to return them if I can or get them to fit which would be a shame
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 20:41   #7
JMI

The top one was close to the top corner of the door it this make sense. The bottom/low one is put somewhere around the height of the wing mirror.
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 18:57   #8
Tony500
Master Member

Gather the clips together and toss them 🙂

Go to Halfords or another car factors and buy black rtv silicone. Stick a little amount round the edge of the deflector and fit, out window up and wipe away any excess. Don’t open window for 24hr. And don’t put too much silicone on, ink requires a little amount.
Tony500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 02:50   #9
FoxyR

Mine deflectors are in the post, so will see if I have the same problem
FoxyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2017, 12:42   #10
Petey80
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyR View Post
Mine deflectors are in the post, so will see if I have the same problem
Would be cool if you could post pics of installation as I'm hoping to get some soon as well.

I have read a few people have had issues when installing them. One thing I saw was that the bottom of the deflector needed to kept out of the channel a little bit, in the corner near the side mirror..???

On the other hand, I have seen loads of V50's with them on, so they can obviously be fitted just fine.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote