Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY22 XC90 - Senus or Google?

Views : 1081

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 17th, 2022, 10:34   #1
Dohnut

Default MY22 XC90 - Senus or Google?

So I’m getting a somewhat confusing message from my dealer.

Car was ordered 30.10.21 and is due for delivery early May. Was recently told all “current orders will have Sensus” but also “they are starting to implement the Google software into models from the next model year so you’ll get it on your XC90.”

Dealer has confirmed my car will be MY22 and maybe it’s just be a typo but has anyone with a MY22 XC90 on order had confirmation one way or the other?

I had assumed MY22 = Sensus and MY23 = Google.
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 12:15   #2
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post

Car was ordered 30.10.21 and is due for delivery early May. Was recently told all “current orders will have Sensus” but also “they are starting to implement the Google software into models from the next model year so you’ll get it on your XC90.”

Dealer has confirmed my car will be MY22 and maybe it’s just be a typo but has anyone with a MY22 XC90 on order had confirmation one way or the other?

My understanding is same as yours re Sensus in our MY22 cars. I have this in my MY18 XC90 and (i am a technophobe) am glad it will be same in next car as it has done everything i have needed for last 4 years and I know how it works.
Dealer had a MY22 XC90 delivered last week and pleased to say the boot opening by foot gesture feature is still there.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvocamper For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 14:12   #3
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

On XC90 if it is Inscription Expression/Momentum/R-Design/Inscription it'll have Sensus (MY22)

If it is a Core/Plus/Ultimate it'll have Google (MY23)

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Jan 17th, 2022 at 14:17.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 14:46   #4
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
On XC90 if it is Inscription Expression/Momentum/R-Design/Inscription it'll have Sensus (MY22)

If it is a Core/Plus/Ultimate it'll have Google (MY23)
So clear explanation thanx
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 14:49   #5
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
Dealer had a MY22 XC90 delivered last week and pleased to say the boot opening by foot gesture feature is still there.
Interesting as I queried this too whilst trying to get a concise answer on Sensus/Google and was told the opposite!

Tbh I’m not fussed either way but expect it not to be present. I can’t be disappointed then and if it is, we’ll then I guess it’ll provide 10 secs of mild entertainment.
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 17:50   #6
tronicx83

Our MY22 XC90 Inscrip Expression T8 has Sensus (and the new 18kWh powertrain, which is awesome!)
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 11:55   #7
AlcockM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post

I am in the exact same position as you (I have seen your original order post as well) I ordered a R Design Pro B5 Diesel Savile Grey(I do love diesel power!) with Lounge Pack, Climate Pack, B&W and Full Charcoal Nappa Leather (again blonde is nice but just not practical for me!) and swapped the HUD for the Heated Windscreen. I added a 100,000 mile warranty and 5 year 90K service pack, plus ticked all the insurance paint protection etc. I do about 35k a year so wanted a few years of piece of mind to start with and I intend to run it past 200k. Its the first car I have ever bough new after years of company cars (mainly Mondeo's! - my current 17 plate has 165K on it)

Like you I ordered it the last Friday in October and then started to panic when the model was dropped on the 1st Nov...just as you had confirmation of order so all good! I think we will have the last few R Design Pro Diesels to roll out the factory!

Then I see the model line up changed to Core, Plus and Ultimate with very little options to select. I am assuming the Dark Theme Ultimate looks like an R Design now and the Bright Theme Ultimate looks like an Inscription now.

I have to be honest I think I prefer the old Sensus so kind of hoping it comes with that, although the Google will get more updates and features as time goes on with over the air updates making it more configurable and different design features to the dashboard display (well that's what I would do if I was a Volvo designer anyway!)

Good luck with your order and keep us posted on any updates on here as will I. I am already looking forward to May!
AlcockM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 15:00   #8
Dohnut

AlcockM... you must have been the salesman's dream with all those add ons!

Are you expecting delivery in May too?
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 15:27   #9
AlcockM

Dohnut...Haha yeah think I must be! In for a penny in for a pound (or more) and all that...I ordered the 360 Camera as well.

Order was raised on the 29th Oct and had confirmation of order back from Volvo on 17th Nov. I have an expected delivery date of early to Mid May at the minute, but to be honest I am happy to wait as long as it takes. My current company car is out of lease now anyway so it will just go back the day XC90 arrives.
AlcockM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 23:16   #10
Oop north

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronicx83 View Post
Our MY22 XC90 Inscrip Expression T8 has Sensus (and the new 18kWh powertrain, which is awesome!)
Good to hear positive report. Close to ordering one of these (at last!) albeit an ultimate.

I am sure I remember a motoring mag saying the Google wasn’t going to be added to the xc90 due to its imminent demise but apparently now it is. The lease company chap I am dealing with seems to think the xc90 will be around for 3-4 years yet
Oop north is offline   Reply With Quote