Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 roof leak, how to fix it?

Views : 1270

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2022, 17:24   #11
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

I've never heard of anyone holing one before TBF. What were you using?
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 11:41   #12
skippyfox
VOC Member

Have been reading about cleaning and lubricating the seals on my C70 roof using the Gummi Pfledge or Krytox. Thing is, somewhere I've read that it is not advisable to stop the roof mid way through its open/close routine. I know it's a bit early in the year but I'm doing odd jobs to get the car fit for the sunny season ( yep I'm an optimist).Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 11:52   #13
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
Have been reading about cleaning and lubricating the seals on my C70 roof using the Gummi Pfledge or Krytox. Thing is, somewhere I've read that it is not advisable to stop the roof mid way through its open/close routine. I know it's a bit early in the year but I'm doing odd jobs to get the car fit for the sunny season ( yep I'm an optimist).Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Problems occur when you stop it half way and then reverse the action, I read, so I'm always careful to 'go through with' the opening or closing I interrupted when I resume after seal-fondling. Not yet had an issue
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonefishblues For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 12:57   #14
Simmy
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
hi steve there is a PDF file which discribes the roof service procedure and a full list of where all the sensors are. its ok to stop the roof part way through opening but always continue in the same direction when restarting there is a mid point where the roof is balanced this is where you stop to condition the seals
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 12:40   #15
skippyfox
VOC Member

Simmy and Bonefishblues. Thanks for the advice, will give it a go at the weekend weather permitting.
Skip.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote