Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S90 boot closing issues

Views : 635

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2022, 11:31   #1
Chromemiller

Default S90 boot closing issues

Hi, my S90 electric boot closing does not always work. Opens fine then closing by pressing button on boot moves slightly and beeps, same for both buttons although boot/lock works more so. Same for sensor under car and remote button. Is there a sensor or something that is preventing it from closing? As I say loves a little then goes back to full open position.
Chromemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 11:58   #2
ThomasC91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromemiller View Post
Hi, my S90 electric boot closing does not always work. Opens fine then closing by pressing button on boot moves slightly and beeps, same for both buttons although boot/lock works more so. Same for sensor under car and remote button. Is there a sensor or something that is preventing it from closing? As I say loves a little then goes back to full open position.
I have an S90 and I can find them hit and miss. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. I find if my bag is full or something is interfering or in the way of the key then it is less likely to work or if key is too far away. The car always unlocks for me, but sometimes won't lock using my finger. I think closing the boot with your foot requires a specific movement and has to be done in right place. Maybe the sensor is dirty also? It will normally always close for me if I use the button, but sometimes won't close and lock and instead bleeps. Hopefully someone else has more ideas as to why.
ThomasC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 20:40   #3
KJNL

Quote:
If it beeps and won't close your key is not detected or is in the car.
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 20:48   #4
OldEngineer

Knowing whether it beeps will be key to understanding the closing problem.

But also the boot is fitted with a Safety Mechanism that makes it stop if it detects something in the way. You will understand that this might be critical if the 'something' is a child's head. But the mechanism is dumb. It can't know if it is sensing a child's head or some other friction/obstruction. So look at what might be causing a friction.
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 23:31   #5
Chromemiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJNL View Post
If it beeps and won't close your key is not detected or is in the car.
Hi, it beeps and key is in my pocket…
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 23:33   #6
Chromemiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEngineer View Post
Knowing whether it beeps will be key to understanding the closing problem.

But also the boot is fitted with a Safety Mechanism that makes it stop if it detects something in the way. You will understand that this might be critical if the 'something' is a child's head. But the mechanism is dumb. It can't know if it is sensing a child's head or some other friction/obstruction. So look at what might be causing a friction.
It beeps and doesn’t close, key in my pocket, nothing in way to stop it closing. Beeps, moves to close then goes back to open….quite frustrating.

Think I’ll have a look for the sensor under the car….does anyone know what it looks like?
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 09:33   #7
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
It beeps and doesn’t close, key in my pocket, nothing in way to stop it closing. Beeps, moves to close then goes back to open….quite frustrating.

Think I’ll have a look for the sensor under the car….does anyone know what it looks like?
Occasionaly have the same issue with my V60. It seems to be because I am too close to the back of the car. I wonder if the reversing sensors are detecting an obstruction.