Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850 Alarm

Views : 287

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2022, 11:20   #1
k1cul

Default 850 Alarm

Having issues with 850 alarm was trying to reprogram another fresher looking fob i lock the car using the working fob and I swap the battery over to other fob and as I recall I use the key to open door and alarm went off tried swapping back over no joy alarm just kept going off have tried the 5 on off to reprogram both fobs still alarm keep going off .

I have tried various combinations disconnecting battery overnight disconnecting fuses and put this one or that in first or last no joy.

When put the fuse back in the alarm light is on at the front off the dash use key lock or unlock it sets the alarm off again .

The only way I can use the car is to disconnect the fuse for centre locking .

Anyone got a other ideas or fixes to sort the issues .

Thank in advance
k1cul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2022, 18:45   #2
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1cul View Post
Having issues with 850 alarm was trying to reprogram another fresher looking fob i lock the car using the working fob and I swap the battery over to other fob and as I recall I use the key to open door and alarm went off tried swapping back over no joy alarm just kept going off have tried the 5 on off to reprogram both fobs still alarm keep going off .

I have tried various combinations disconnecting battery overnight disconnecting fuses and put this one or that in first or last no joy.

When put the fuse back in the alarm light is on at the front off the dash use key lock or unlock it sets the alarm off again .

The only way I can use the car is to disconnect the fuse for centre locking .

Anyone got a other ideas or fixes to sort the issues .

Thank in advance

Unfortunately the two button fobs for the early ph2 and ph1 are 5hit. The system is 5hit and working out what is the problem is mindblowing. The five time key on and off is the way forward.

See the following thread on reprogramming, but be sure to read on.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ighlight=alarm

Do an advanced search using "alarm fob" as keyword and and "Jod T5" as username for some useful results. I cant link you to a search as vB dont url per search.

Ha....only days after https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ight=alarm+fob Wayne set fire to his 850...

Cheers,

Jod

Last edited by Jod T5; Jan 28th, 2022 at 18:47.
Jod T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2022, 22:37   #3
volrod544

Default alarm

remember on the guard alarm 2,there are 2 different frequency fobs avaliable - you need the correct one. most successful way to reprogram these is with the volvo programing box used by the main dealers-or replace the relay with a bypass relay
volrod544 is offline   Reply With Quote