Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Water drips from interior light?

Views : 28360

Replies : 157

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 11th, 2022, 20:53   #151
Tatsfield
Premier Member

I've read on this forum that while Volvo will rebond leaking screens free of charge, they hold the owner responsible for the cost of the screen of it gets broken in the process. If that is so, you were very lucky!
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 12:13   #152
Simon Jones
Premier Member

My 2007 XC70 was re-bonded for free at Snows Volvo Southampton using National Windscreens. Got a free car wash out of it & a new V40 for the day.
2001 V70 D5 - sold
2000 V70 Classic 2.4 - sold
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 01:28   #153
apersson850
Premier Member

The sensors for driver support functions (well, some of them) inhabitat the space right above the internal mirror. The windscreen you install must be the correct one for the level of driver support you have, or they will not work.

Volvo's official "we fix your windscreen for free" campaign has ended, I've learned here in Sweden. They think screens in need of a fix are fixed by now.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apersson850 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 13th, 2022, 12:26   #154
prophet8k
New V70 Owner

Default Volvo no longer paying for re-bonding

I have just developed a windscreen leak on my 2010 V70 where the water poured out of the centre interior light. Having emailed Volvo they have informed me that they no longer offer financial support for repairing original windscreens where the bonding has failed. I have had a quote from a local windscreen fitter in Hull to rebond it for £120. Let's hope that goes well 🤞🏻
prophet8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2022, 09:10   #155
prophet8k
New V70 Owner

Update: Had GW Windscreens from Hull come and remove my original screen and reseal it. Gary the fitter explained that as long as you’re patient they shouldn’t crack when being removed. He did a great job, took his time and got it out without any damage and refitted it perfectly. It was definitely worth finding a local fitter who cares about what they do to get this job done. It saved me hundreds of pounds.
prophet8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2022, 10:24   #156
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet8k View Post
Update: Had GW Windscreens from Hull come and remove my original screen and reseal it. Gary the fitter explained that as long as you’re patient they shouldn’t crack when being removed. He did a great job, took his time and got it out without any damage and refitted it perfectly. It was definitely worth finding a local fitter who cares about what they do to get this job done. It saved me hundreds of pounds.
It's nice when you find someone with pride and care in what they do, great result.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2022, 19:39   #157
uknowiama

Just found this issue of my car - top of the windscreen above steering wheel. The fix is to have the screen rebonded then?

Dunno much about, so going to have a mooch around.
uknowiama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 11:31   #158
Tatsfield
Premier Member

Yes. Apparently Volvo, who used to carry out this work free of charge, have ruled that sufficient time has elapsed for the fault to have been notified and they are not accepting any more claims. I believe the repair entails the complete removal of the screen, cleaning away the dead sealant and rebonding. There is a risk of the screen breaking during removal but Volvo never covered that cost which owners had to cover if the screen broke, so it's only the removal and rebonding costs that you will have to foot yourself if the job goes well. You need to use a top class auto glazing company and discuss the issue with them before they let an apprentice loose on the car!