Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2003 Volvo S40 1.8 Petrol Sport Lux

Views : 1010

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 14th, 2021, 21:02   #1
pritchie

Default 2003 Volvo S40 1.8 Petrol Sport Lux

Hi all I have a 2003 S40 1.8 Petrol Sport Lux that I am sadly selling as spares or repairs. It failed its MOT and because I am not using it very much it doesn’t make sense to spend a lot putting it right.

It has only done 62,000 miles and been serviced every year by an independent garage. It is my Dads car and he has owned it for the last 17 years. Bought from Dundee Volvo when only a year old with 5000 miles on it.

Will sell the whole the car if I get a reasonable offer or will break for spares if someone wants a reasonable number of the parts.

It is the Sport Lux model so has a good spec. It is garnet red with an immaculate black leather interior and 18” Arcadia alloys.

Any questions just ask and thanks for looking.
pritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 13:57   #2
oldsaab93

Manual or Auto?

What did it fail mot on?
oldsaab93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 18:00   #3
griston64
Premier Member

Is this the one on Gumtree in North Berwick ?
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2021, 19:22   #4
Existential Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchie View Post
Hi all I have a 2003 S40 1.8 Petrol Sport Lux that I am sadly selling as spares or repairs. It failed its MOT and because I am not using it very much it doesn’t make sense to spend a lot putting it right.

It has only done 62,000 miles and been serviced every year by an independent garage. It is my Dads car and he has owned it for the last 17 years. Bought from Dundee Volvo when only a year old with 5000 miles on it.

Will sell the whole the car if I get a reasonable offer or will break for spares if someone wants a reasonable number of the parts.

It is the Sport Lux model so has a good spec. It is garnet red with an immaculate black leather interior and 18” Arcadia alloys.

Any questions just ask and thanks for looking.
Hi, would this go back on road, I am looking for a cheap volvo as a third car. More details please.
Existential Crisis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 22:27   #5
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Hopefully this car can be saved by someone as a full car, however at 12 Volvos at present, I sadly can't take it on. If you do ultimately break the car, could you post some pics? I'd buy bits and pieces that catch my eye.
S40 1.6 (x2); 440 1.6i
Joseph Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 14:39   #6
pritchie

Hi all

Sorry just logged in and reading your messages now! There is a long list of major repairs from the MOT unfortunately as follows so it may be quite a challenge to put it back on the road:

Repair immediately (major defects):
Engine MIL inoperative or indicates a malfunction (8.2.1.2 (h))
Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (3.5 (a))
Nearside Front Upper Integral body structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced under battery tray (6.1.1 (c) (i))
Offside Front Upper Integral body structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced chassis leg under bonnet (6.1.1 (c) (i))
Offside Front Upper Brake prescribed area is excessively corroded under bonnet (1.1.21 (e) (i))
Nearside Front Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (1.1.12 (f) (i))
Offside Front Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (1.1.12 (f) (i))
Nearside Rear Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (1.1.12 (f) (i))
Offside Rear Brake hose ferrule excessively corroded (1.1.12 (f) (i))
Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Offside Front Anti-roll bar linkage corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Central Rear Lower Integral body structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced chassis leg corroded ( marked ) (6.1.1 (c) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
Front Inner Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Offside Front Lower Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Nearside Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened x2 (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Offside Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened x2 (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Front Anti-roll bar corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Rear Anti-roll bar corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Front Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Front Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Nearside Front Macpherson strut corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Offside Front Macpherson strut corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Nearside Rear Macpherson strut corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Offside Rear Macpherson strut corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Nearside Rear Lower Coil spring corroded (5.3.1 (b) (i))
Rear Anti-roll bar attachment bracket/mounting corroded but its strength is not seriously reduced (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Fuel Pipe/s corroded ()
Nearside Front Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (5.3.6 (a) (i))

The car is located in North Berwick - EH39 and still complete for now

I will try to work out how to post some photos of the car. Any questions just ask.

Thanks
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 14:48   #7
pritchie

Hi all

Apologies I cant seem to upload photos but here is the link to the gumtree advert if that helps?

Thanks

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...m_source=email
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 16:01   #8
v40at15
15 y'old volvo fanatic :)

hiya, fellow sport lux (2003 v40 40,000m) owner here, what sort of condition is the interior in, i want to buy the whole thing, unfortunately i live in the SE but if i can get a good deal, i may be on down to you soon!
v40at15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 10:53   #9
pritchie

Open to offers for the full interior. Do you want to contact me by phone - 07736 287336. Thanks. Philip