Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Towing with road lights set to "auto"

Views : 1848

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 20th, 2021, 19:48   #1
rmvm

Default Towing with road lights set to "auto"

I tow a 2011 Swift Conqueror 530 with MY21 V90 Cross Country. I have noticed if I set the car lights in the "auto ' position all the lights on both car and caravan come on, even in bright sunny conditions. The only way to switch off the lights on both car and caravan is turn the light switch to off. This also switches off the front day running lights, anyone else noticed this issue?

Regards

Roy
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 22:37   #2
watto64

I connected our caravan up to our xc90 for the first time today to test the volvo towbar wiring and also noted all the lights on, don't think the original 8 year old caravan bulbs will cope for long so looking at LED replacements...
watto64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 16:54   #3
Deryck
Deryck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmvm View Post
I tow a 2011 Swift Conqueror 530 with MY21 V90 Cross Country. I have noticed if I set the car lights in the "auto ' position all the lights on both car and caravan come on, even in bright sunny conditions. The only way to switch off the lights on both car and caravan is turn the light switch to off. This also switches off the front day running lights, anyone else noticed this issue?

Regards

Roy
I've a 2022 xc60 T6 recharge and my running lights are on in the 0 position without the caravan hitched. I noticed that after unhitching the van on a site.
I will now need to check with the caravan hitched to be certain that my front running light are actually on.

Last edited by Deryck; Jul 28th, 2022 at 17:05.
Deryck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2022, 07:50   #4
watto64

Quote:
Originally Posted by watto64 View Post
I connected our caravan up to our xc90 for the first time today to test the volvo towbar wiring and also noted all the lights on, don't think the original 8 year old caravan bulbs will cope for long so looking at LED replacements...
I been thinking about replacing my caravans standard bulbs with LED so at least the cars lights can be left on auto but have seen posts elsewhere on tinternet about caravan LED lights causing issues with towcar electrics..

Has anybody with the volvo oem towing electrics changed the caravan bulbs to LED and had problems?
Old Jul 30th, 2022, 12:00   #5
Deryck
Deryck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryck View Post
I've a 2022 xc60 T6 recharge and my running lights are on in the 0 position without the caravan hitched. I noticed that after unhitching the van on a site.
I will now need to check with the caravan hitched to be certain that my front running light are actually on.
29/07/22 Just to confirm having now checked the situation that the front running lights are definitely ON when the button is in the 0 position.
Old Jul 30th, 2022, 22:31   #6
watto64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryck View Post
29/07/22 Just to confirm having now checked the situation that the front running lights are definitely ON when the button is in the 0 position.
We will be towing the caravan later in the week so will make a note of whats on and off with various switch settings..
Old Aug 6th, 2022, 15:49   #7
watto64

lights on auto or on and the caravan lights are on...turn switch to 0 and all lights off incuding DLRs
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 11:21   #8
Deryck
Deryck

Quote:
lights on auto or on and the caravan lights are on...turn switch to 0 and all lights off incuding DLRs
That's odd XC60 2022 T6 Recharge and mine are definitely on with or without the caravan connected in the 0 position.
Link Hope it works
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...ghting-control

Last edited by Deryck; Aug 7th, 2022 at 11:35.
Old Oct 2nd, 2022, 12:14   #9
watto64

Quote:
Apologies, got it wrong.
with stalk set to 0, the caravan lights go off but the DLR's stay on..only noticed it at a service station this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to watto64 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 19th, 2022, 19:53   #10
Washwipe

As soon a plug in to the trailer socket, rear lights on the car illuminate as do all the marker lights on any trailer plugged in. Land Rover from 2016 also did the same.
Strange as if they think that people won’t be able to see a big white box in daylight so it puts all the marker lights on.
Washwipe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Washwipe For This Useful Post: