Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti Skid Service msg + P0234 error code

Views : 1680

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 6th, 2013, 20:37   #1
mahmooa

Default Anti Skid Service msg + P0234 error code

Hi,
Car: Volvo S40 2007; 1.6Hdi.
I would appreciate any help that you guys can give me.
Have been to the Dealers for this problem, but before they could fully diagnose the problem, they carried out other 'essential' work before they could diagnose the problem. By this time, I had already given them over £300. And they wanted a further £110 for further diagnostics. I got cheesed off and bought the back back home, cos I couldnt afford the prices they were quoting just for diags.
The dealer said it was a (possibly) ABS sensor.
Then took it to an indy, who stated that the DPF may be clogged.

Am now totally confused.

WHat is the link between the error code P0234 (turbo overboost) to 'Anti-Skid' message.

Please help as I am lost as to what to do.

THanks in advance
mahmooa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 20:13   #2
jeffmasson

I I believe you need a volvo dice to read the abs codes so the indy just had a obd2 he would not be able to read the code for the anti skid error code and the code he got could be a different problem try clearing the code if the messages gose then bingo if not then you will need someone with a dice to read the car.
jeffmasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 23:57   #3
mahmooa

Thanks for the reply Jeffmasson.
I have cleared the codes with a reader that I have and it keeps coming back as soon as the 'Anti-skid' message comes.
This normally occurs with speeds of over 60 mph. The car then goes into limp mode. On reading the codes, only P0234 is found. If the car is restarted the skid message goes and the car is back to normal again until the anti-skid message appears again.
Every time I have cleared the codes and the anti-skid message comes up, it reads out P0234.

Also, apologies for my ignorance (new to Volvo), what is a 'dice'?

Any further help will be greatly appreciated as I really love the car otherwise.
mahmooa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:43   #4
jeffmasson

Dice is volvos reader it can read all the cars codes and upload software updates ect. Load of threads on hear about them.
jeffmasson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-skid, p0234, s40