Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

by pass immobilizer

Views : 2347

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 22:07   #1
henryc148

Angry by pass immobilizer

hello everyone,
I am stuck in France, remote will not work (v70 1997 model) car immobilized. Does anyone know how to start the car by by passing the immobliizer?.
Got info about cutting wire on immobliizer control unit, but turns out my immobliizer unit is different to one that was suggested.
thanking you in advance
henryc148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 23:26   #2
ShadeTek
Premier Member

Thumbs up

If you phone a Volvo dealer, they may give you the info you need.

V70 SE NAV 1.6 D2 2015MY POWERSHIFT, D4162T, 93000miles, RED.
/VOL FCR/PEPER OBD2/Acron 9135 OBD2/L.E.D Flasher/VDASH/ANCEL BA301/Topdon Top Scan
ShadeTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 08:29   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryc148 View Post
hello everyone,
I am stuck in France, remote will not work (v70 1997 model) car immobilized. Does anyone know how to start the car by by passing the immobliizer?.
Got info about cutting wire on immobliizer control unit, but turns out my immobliizer unit is different to one that was suggested.
thanking you in advance
The remote doesnt work the immobiliser the Ignition key does so you should still be able to start the engine ,even with the alarm sounding if you have a problem with the alarm stuck on remove the central locking fuse ( fuse 6 I believe ) in the fuse box under the bonnet by the windscreen ..

PS you cant by pas sthe immobiliser ,thats the whole point of having one !
Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 13:45   #4
caveman
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post

yes you can...
regards
cavey
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 13:48   #5
niloc
SWV Benefactor

Quote:
Depends if the ECU is also the immobiliser. If it isn't, then there is always a way to bypass it. The immobiliser only breaks into a wire normally, either ignition or starter or both. Just need to follow the wiring diagrams to figure it out.
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 14:48   #6
ShadeTek
Premier Member

Exclamation

On my year/model, by removing a specific fuse, the immobiliser is immobilesed and you can drive off!

V70 SE NAV 1.6 D2 2015MY POWERSHIFT, D4162T, 93000miles, RED.
/VOL FCR/PEPER OBD2/Acron 9135 OBD2/L.E.D Flasher/VDASH/ANCEL BA301/Topdon Top Scan
ShadeTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 15:32   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
yes you can...
regards
cavey
Not the factory immobilisers which use a transponder key ... The aftermarket ones are more a delay in stealing the car as the various breaks in the circuit can be resored , but when you are into Post 1998 factory jobs where the ECU needs a specific code sent to it from the Immobiliser you need the correct key . Or fit a generic ECU i suppose , thats why the ECU has a Security bolt on some Volvos to slow down the process . !
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 17:35   #8
caveman
Premier Member

Quote:
Not the factory immobilisers which use a transponder key ... The aftermarket ones are more a delay in stealing the car as the various breaks in the circuit can be resored , but when you are into Post 1998 factory jobs where the ECU needs a specific code sent to it from the Immobiliser you need the correct key . Or fit a generic ECU i suppose , thats why the ECU has a Security bolt on some Volvos to slow down the process . !
yes you can!
you run wires to bridge certain circuits on the relays!
cavey
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 19:01   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Hello caveman , are you talking 900 here? The later cars dont have any relays they send a coded signal to the ECU down the network ...
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 22:51   #10
r800v6

This may be too late or no help at all but here goes-

If the remote stops working and you need to disengage the alarm/immobiliser Open the drivers door with the key the alarm will be triggered and the horn/siren will sound.
Wait until the horn/siren has sounded for 30 seconds, then start the car within 10 seconds of the alarm stopping sounding, the alarm will now be disconnected.
If you fail to turn on the ignition/start the engine on the first try within the first ten seconds you can try again as many as 7 times, after the seventh consecutive time the car can no longer be started as the alarm will be permanently on and will then require the use of the remote to deactivate.

This method will only work if the car has been unlocked with the key and no other sensors have been activated prior to this (obviously to ensure the person has the key and is not breaking in and activating the ignition by other means)

Hope this helps,
Paul.
www.mobileautomotivesandlpg.co.uk
r800v6 is offline   Reply With Quote