Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2006 XC70 for sale - spares or repair

Views : 760

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 28th, 2015, 10:25   #1
Quantumplate

Default 2006 XC70 for sale - spares or repair

I have a Graphite 2006 Xc70 automatic diesel for sale - it has a few issues neither me nor several garages have been able to get to the bottom of. I've had it since 2012 and it's got 127,000 miles on it. I really like it personally and in some ways don't want to get rid of it, it's been great to drive, very comfortable, been to France a couple of times in it with the family - I'm just a bit annoyed at having to get rid of it as it's the first car that's got the better of me with a problem I can't get to the bottom of. It's quite good condition, no dents, rust, just a small tear in the drivers door when I closed the door on the seat belt clip.

History:
I bought the car from a dealership with 107k on it for £5,500 - it was serviced and the cambelt replaced. I noticed there was seepage from the power steering and silver deposits in the fluid. The steering rack was replaced under warrantee and 2 engine mounts replaced. Gear issues after 1 year and gearbox was replaced (six speed) for £2,500! (I have receipts and there's probably less than 10k on it). Started having problems with fuel injector on cylinder 5 and car going into limp mode. Tried 2 separate garages including dealership and told with 90% certainty it was the ECU. I picked up a second hand ECU and had it cloned (saving myself £800) - car ran with exactly the same issues so the ECU was fine. Car picked up Soot Filter issues caused by driving in limp mode. The fuel lock stuck and now has to be opened manually. Took it back to the dealership with the cylinder issue - they spent a morning on it and explained that it might be the injector itself (I guess they should have swapped them and checked if the fault changed cylinders) or it could be the connectors on the injectors. They basically washed their hands of it at that point. I drove it for a while longer with it going in and out of limp mode and a month later the Anti Skid Service light started coming on and the drive started disengaging. At this point I finally had enough and bought a Nissan Qashqai...

To summarise:
Swirl link arm broken and swirl mechanism stuck.
Injector issue on cylinder 5.
Front tyres bald.
Soot filter intermittent issue.
Anti Skid intermittent issue.
Fuel cap lock has to be operated manually.

As far as I'm aware the main issues could be electrical connection problems and could be cheap, easy fixes if someone has the know how and time to do.

I'm based in Sheffield and open to reasonable offers on it.

Thanks,

Mel
Quantumplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2015, 10:40   #2
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumplate View Post
open to reasonable offers on it.
To avoid offence and wasting your time, at what price does "reasonable" begin?
Old Aug 31st, 2015, 13:08   #3
Quantumplate

The problem with asking where 'reasonable' begins is that the assumption is this is where it ends! By reasonable, I meant mutually reasonable - which is of course a moot point and one subject to a conflict of interests between buyer and seller.

To make it easy though - I was going to put it on ebay with a reserve of £1000 and see what happened
Quantumplate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quantumplate For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 6th, 2015, 12:11   #4
italian job

Have sent you a PM.
Cheers Paul
italian job is offline   Reply With Quote