Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar upgrade for XC40 T5, 2020MY

Views : 1839

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2023, 12:18   #11
Andy70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy70 View Post
I'm with the RAC, I spoke to someone explained it was an upgrade direct from Volvo, they asked it is just a software upgrade with no hardware, and that was it not interested in anything else.

I later went on the live chat and asked again gave all the details including a link to the Polestar page. It had no affect, I did this so I could get a Pdf of the chat just incase any questions where asked I have proof I told them about it.

I have just under a week left to decide if I want to keep it. I'm pretty certain I will be doing, it's not life changing at all in Polestar mode at say 30 mph it definitely pulls harder than it did before. Because it's the PHEV the 0to 60 time is always crippled by the slight pause as the electric motor shifts from 2nd to 4th just before 60 so you can feel a drop in power, but either side of this it pulls hard.

I have a 350mile trip to see the inlaws on Saturday so will see what the fuel economy is like now.

Long ish trip done, 68mpg on the way up using the battery, 41.9mpg on the way back driven in Polestar mode. I was not trying to drive economically just normal keeping up with the flow of traffic on the motorway.

I have just been back to the dealer to pick up the box and the badge.

Is it absolutely worth it....... No not really. I can definitely feel the difference in mid range acceleration but it's not huge. I'm happy with it for the price I paid.

You get a box with a certificate and an aluminium card wallet and of course the badge, almost makes it worth the £550.
Andy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy70 For This Useful Post: