Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Iphone IOS4 upgrade

Views : 1975

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 08:39   #1
gmac00

Default Iphone IOS4 upgrade

Hi,

Has anybody had problems connecting their Iphone since upgrading to IOS4?

I have a MY10 D5 Active with High Performance Stereo and it used to connect up no problem to my Iphone 3GS but since the IOS4 upgrade yesterday I have had lots of problems. The only solution i have found is switching the phone off and on which is not ideal.

Cheers

Graham
gmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 12:45   #2
Tatter

Me too.

The problem is with the 'handshake' when the iPhone/iPod connects to the car stereo. The problem affects loads of cars, not just Volvos.
Apple have so far stated that this is not their problem as they do not support integration with non-certified products.

It is possible to downgrade back to 3.1.3 if you look around in the internet, but this is not supported by Apple so if it goes wrong you are on your own.

Turning the iPhone/iPod after connection is the only workaround I can see. Hopefully Apple will correct this in the next update, but I am not holding my breath.
Tatter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tatter For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 17:46   #3
Tatter

I called Apple and they might have fixed it.
I did a restore from iTunes (Which took about 6 hours as I have 12gb of data) and plugged in the iPhone with the iPod app running and it worked!

I'll do a bit more testing and let you know if it was the restore or just having iPod running that did the trick.
Btw, other 'fixes' (Turning iPhone off and on while plugged in, Settings reset and hard reset) did not work for me.

EDIT - I just plugged the iPhone in while in the home screen. It looks like the iTunes restore did the trick!

Last edited by Tatter; Jun 25th, 2010 at 20:37. Reason: Test Update
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 13:42   #4
swilkie

I found the solution to this on another site so I can't take credit for it. As was mentioned above the stereo is fooled by the OS upgrade so the solution is to trick it into thinking that your iphone is a new device. Simply power off your iphone then connect to the USB input of the stereo and it will fire up the iphone automatically if it doesnt switch on the iphone). If it says device unreadable unplug and switch on the ipod app on the iphone and plug back in.

I can confirm this works.

Stewart
swilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 22:02   #5
ahdavies

Unfortunately nothing here works with my new iphone 3GS. My wifes iPhone has IOS3 and it works seamlessly as does my daughters iPod mini. I can get it to play the first track but as soon as anything is touched it stops and the iPhone becomes unreadable.
ahdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 22:13   #6
Tatter

Starting the iPod app before plugging in the USB works almost everytime for me. A bit of a pain, but acceptable until 4.0.1 comes out.
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 22:28   #7
ahdavies

XC90 2010 - IPhone 3GS IOS4

Solution found on another thread. Full hard reboot of the iPhone.

It all works perfectly now. No need to open iPod app it just works first time.
ahdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 11:36   #8
Gordie

Unhappy iPhone os 4.0 & Volvo C70

Unfortuantely I'm experiencing the same problems as the other 'posters' on this thread, I have a C70 with iPod interface that I have been happily using my iPhone 3GS with for the past 4 months whilst on O/S 3.0, after upgrading the phone to O/S 4.0 the USB device is no longer recognised.... So if anyone is aware of a patch to the car or phone I would be interested!
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote