Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Ocean Race for Sale ?

Views : 6111

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 13:47   #11
bluestu

Regards increasing your post count so you can PM.....Its the first item at the top of the opening page....doh, I knew it was somewhere.

All you have to do is ask the mods to up your post count and you can then PM. Hope this helps your sale.

I'm looking at my bank balance to see if I CAN afford this beauty.

I might be Pm-ing you soon.

Stu
bluestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 17:38   #12
boston boy

Default XC 90 feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmp39 View Post
Hi

Thinking about selling our XC90 Ocean Race. Wondered what it would be worth. Thinking about £12500 ?

It's a 55 plate with 72,000miles and full main dealer history. All the usual spec for the ocean race. ( Last of the cheaper Tax model )

The only thing wrong on the bodywork is some kind person opened their door in a car park and left a smll finger size small dent in the rear door. I was going to get this done but not sure if its better to let the buyer see it and get it done

Any views / thought would be much appreciated

cheers
Hi,i have recently joined with the intention of gaining advice and ultimately buying an xc 90.Could you tell me what kind of condition the interior is in please and if poss e-mail some images?If you could also give me some kind of idea on what price you would be looking at please?
Regards,Boston Boy.
boston boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2012, 21:52   #13
zmp39

Default Xc90

Hi,

The interior is unmarked, Full leather and heated front seats.

I will post a couple of photos at the weekend. I dont have enough posts to send a PM

kind regards
zmp39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 00:48   #14
Carrizos

I am also new to the forum and hunting for a good XC90 I have just looked at 7 from a range of dealers. One 2004 for £13500 had Qseal in the coolant - brown stuff to temporary repair head gasket, the salesman tried to convince me it was ordinary coolant, i pointed out the bubbles and moved on. Another 2004 @ £12500 had a warning showing on the dash - 'Brake fault pull over safely', the guy told me it was prob a light bulb gone, I pressed the brake pedal it went to the floor with no resistance, the lights were fine the engine was rattly and had oils stains on underplates. A 54 plate @ £13500 up on a ramp was so rusty underneath it I doubt it would have passed an MOT, exhaust and discs were shot, tyres were mismatched and barely legal. Another 2005 @ 12500 68k miles was coated in mud underneath and all over the engine and had steamy water and oil and a booming sound coming from the bottom of the engine, again tyres were barely legal. Oil levels varied from not touching the dip stick to well up over the kinky bit...apparently "it all depends on how long since they were serviced"...ye ye nothing to do with lack of maintenance or the DPF then :-) I would not have paid over 1000 for any of them.

I am off for a drive around tomorrow having identified what look like a few dealers with good (RAC / AA) vehicle checks and warranties, Crawley, Slough, Swindon, N. London, up to Bedford, over to Colchester and the way things are going prob back home to Sussex with no new car. I am tempted to go visit some auctions but not confident yet that I can identify a good one, does anyone know of an audio of what a good engine should sound like?

If anyone knows of a good XC90 in the £9-12K range I would appreciate a pointer please.

3 of the 7 I have looked at have had a lot of fine mud coating the engine bay even the top of the engine - is that common? I have had 2.8 TD Mitsi Delicas for the last 8 years and mud never made it into the engine bay.
Carrizos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 14:33   #15
REDSHEEPRIDD

[QUOTE=Carrizos;1060804]

If anyone knows of a good XC90 in the £9-12K range I would appreciate a pointer please.

Fancy a trip to Aberdeen??

See my 54 plate for sale in the thread a couple below this. (Although it is under £9k!!)
REDSHEEPRIDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 01:33   #16
zmp39

Default XC90 For sale ?

Hi, as asked for a few more pictures, the second picture tries to show the small dent in the door
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050607.JPG (166.9 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg P1050609.JPG (163.5 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg P1050606.JPG (152.6 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg P1050599.JPG (160.1 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg P1050598.JPG (160.5 KB, 132 views)
zmp39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 22:10   #17
teambarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestu View Post
What a nice looking motor....might be an idea to put a photo of the damage and maybe an interior shot.

Whats the price of the lower tax?

Also you can get the ability to PM by just asking the mods to allow it...think there is a thread somewhere that tells you that. I just cant remember where it was, but theres defo one there!

Hope this helps, good luck with the sale, wish I was in the market for an XC90, 'cause yours one is a great colour
Stu, I think the lower tax is £260 - ours is a 54 SE and falls into Band K. See this page on the direct.gov site. A friend has a 57 plate and pays the higher rate at £445 - ouch. Same rate as my Dad pays for his Disco!

Ian
teambarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 15:33   #18
jaysanderson

Default Looking for an XC90 Ocean Race edition in the US

If anyone knows of an Ocean Race edition for sale in US please let me know. I am trying to find one soon. you can reach me at jonathansanderson@msn.com
jaysanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 18:49   #19
Alsnapper

Hi there,
Im interested, would appreciate a call on 00353872666015
thanks
al
Alsnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 23:33   #20
gray 3

Default for sale

Hi is the Ocean Race