Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Gorgeous 121 for sale

Views : 4081

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2011, 22:02   #1
gasolinescream

Default Gorgeous 121 for sale

Tried putting this off once already but after doing my sums tonight it has to go. Lost my job this week and can't see me doing the shows next year and can't afford to have the car sitting not being used properly. Was going to go the full hog on it and spend some savings but as i found out i can't even claim any benefits when i start a new course in jan my only income will be a part time job. My caravan will also have to go.

Car has 7 months T&T on it and needs nothing as far as i am aware. It has been used all summer long and not missed a beat. Has a new very low mileage B20 motor fitted as well as a new 4 speed box and clutch. All runnin g gear fully serviced.It drives lovely, drives tight and brakes well for an old bus.
Exterior is spot on and 99% rust free. Paint does have microblisters on a few of the panels but doesn't really show to be fair. Very smart looking car. Bumpers are the only real let down and what i'd change. Needs very little to be an original car.
Interior is pretty much spot on with the rubbers mats the only thing showing their age. A carpet set is cheap enough and was planned for the summer. Everything works as it should and is a car i'd drive anywhere.Has had welding in the past however is solid as a rock.
Needs a new choke cable and ignition barrel.

This is not your usual tatty car, has been very well looked after with a file 2" thick that shows its history. I bought it from a Volvo enthusiast.

Price is £3k. I know what they sell for and this is a good price for a car of this quality. Price includes the visor and spots.

Car really needs to be seen. Please call 07791 589962 for a chat and i'll update with more pics tomorrow.

Last edited by gasolinescream; Sep 24th, 2011 at 22:19.
gasolinescream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 22:24   #2
volvorocks
Rodney

Surely there is a way you can keep this great car?

Would be a shame to sell?
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 22:52   #3
gasolinescream

After 6 months at looking at Amazons and finding this you can guess how gutted i am. I'm training to be a teacher and next year i have to do a course that takes 4 days out the week. It leaves me with no time for agency work so hoping on a weekend and possibly night part-time job to survive. Already told i can't get any benefits to help and need money in the bank to get by. I have looked at every way of keeping it but my hours have been cut 3 times in a year and i don't know even with selling it how i'm going to get by. This is an awesome car for someone wanting a very tidy and 100% reliable car. Truely i'm very upset and gutted to be doing this, everyone loves the car. Just hoping by the end of next year i'll be in full-time work and be able to go out and get another as nice as this.

Gutted, just hope she gets a good home and fusses over it as much as i do.

Regards Dan
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 23:05   #4
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolinescream View Post
After 6 months at looking at Amazons and finding this you can guess how gutted i am. I'm training to be a teacher and next year i have to do a course that takes 4 days out the week. It leaves me with no time for agency work so hoping on a weekend and possibly night part-time job to survive. Already told i can't get any benefits to help and need money in the bank to get by. I have looked at every way of keeping it but my hours have been cut 3 times in a year and i don't know even with selling it how i'm going to get by. This is an awesome car for someone wanting a very tidy and 100% reliable car. Truely i'm very upset and gutted to be doing this, everyone loves the car. Just hoping by the end of next year i'll be in full-time work and be able to go out and get another as nice as this.

Gutted, just hope she gets a good home and fusses over it as much as i do.

Regards Dan
Hi Dan

I fully see and hear what you are saying and fully understand.

The following might seem daft but instead of saying to yourself "I do not see how I can keep this car" say instead to yourself "I am going to keep this car" and visualise yourself actually keeping it and still having enough money on which to get by.

Might seem daft I know although give it a thought and see if anything changes.You will not lose anything

It would be a shame to see someone who obviously loves their 121 get rid

All the best
VR

Last edited by volvorocks; Sep 24th, 2011 at 23:32. Reason: lose spelt wrong
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 23:15   #5
gasolinescream

Thanks for the kind words. However i've been doing that for nearly 3 months now and i just can't afford to have a car not being used over winter and worth good money, i need to cover the usual things that we have to pay out for and its either i sell the car or get myself in trouble with the bank. Without giving my life away here i've been struggling all summer and it's got to the stage were i have no choice. Just seems such a shame after looking at nearly a dozen cars and eventually finding HUDD (thats it's reg).

Thanks for your concern though, appreciate it.

regards Dan
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 23:41   #6
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolinescream View Post
Thanks for the kind words. However i've been doing that for nearly 3 months now and i just can't afford to have a car not being used over winter and worth good money, i need to cover the usual things that we have to pay out for and its either i sell the car or get myself in trouble with the bank. Without giving my life away here i've been struggling all summer and it's got to the stage were i have no choice. Just seems such a shame after looking at nearly a dozen cars and eventually finding HUDD (thats it's reg).

Thanks for your concern though, appreciate it.

regards Dan
Yes indeed you will have to do what you feel is right which may mean selling is the wisest option.

Although still do visualise yourself keeping it and still being in a position to afford other necessities. (its just a thought process and you have nothing to lose).

I have been in positions similar to you when I have needed to sell something to pay bills or live etc but have just visualised myself keeping the thing I was to sell and then a bit of cash popped up. Didnt always work though!!!

Whilst some of my posts on here seem negative I am a positive (although realistic) person and when I have thought "I have no choice" I have reminded myself I do have a choice.

If I had 3k spare I would buy it off you run it and sell it back to you for 3k when you are ready!!..bit like an interest free loan where everyones a winner!

All the best and hope you get sorted
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 07:08   #7
stuart131

There must be a relative...anyone who can help you out? You need to keep the car as it will lift your spirits every time you look at it, though easy for me to say I suppose.

Very sorry to hear of your troubles and I wish you all the best.

Good Luck
stuart131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 06:58   #8
Aubrey_Boy

Hi Dan,

Do you have an email address I can contact you on, I tried to PM you but I don't seem to have enough posts to do so

Cheers

Spencer
Aubrey_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 16:31   #9
beachy

Default amazon

Hi Dan Sorry to hear that you have to sell the Car. I know that you will be gutted. Because of the enthusiasm that you, and I talked about when you purchased the car from me. Like some of the volvo lads have said. Why cant you see if you can Keep HIM .[ As I know HUD is wonderful, and stuning Car, and was a true favroite of mine] But as you know I now have my Amazon Estate. Good Luck with any Decision that you have to make . IT wont be easy. Derek. Ps Great Photo. The van goes great with the car.
beachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 14:43   #10
beachy

Default amazon

Hi Dan. Looking again at the photo with the caravan looks great. Where did you get the visor from. I realy like it, and would love one for the estate. Derek
beachy is offline   Reply With Quote