Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 2022 MODEL, various issues

Views : 2567

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2022, 12:57   #1
IanAinge

Default XC60 2022 MODEL, various issues

Just bought a new XC60 Inscription B5, does anyone have experience of these.

Speed limit indicator switches between 60 and 70 on the motorway making the
limiter useless.

Speed camera info differs between main nav screen and the one on the instrument panel, the camera location does not always appear on both screens.

Auto trip meter is suppose to reset after 4 hours if the car hasn't been used, mine only does that half the time.

When using Google assistant voice control, i request a text to be sent , it appears on the phone but does not send, even if you try to send it from the phone, only works if you type into the phone in the normal way. I have a Samsung A02s phone.

Been to the dealer for updates but has not cured these issue.
IanAinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2022, 13:40   #2
ElCap

The 60/70 thing on motorways is the same as my experience - hopefully will get fixed. Pretty annoying though.

Haven’t noticed the camera alert being different on the centre dash.

Trip data always need manually set in our car.

Not sure about text - we had to hrant some permissions before we could get a text read out by the Assistant so maybe something to do with that?

That jibe is for the V90 but probably reflects the car you have.
V90 Cross Country B5D MY22 Denim Blue with 360 camera, sun roof, Harmon Kardon, Active 4C suspension, rear air con, heated windscreen, body coloured wheel arches and bumper, lighting pack, seat pack, spare wheel and Polestar! Other car an Audi A7.
ElCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2022, 14:01   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

It may be that the maps need updating, if prolonged road works have been carried out and a temporary speed limit has been in place for a while, the maps are updated to show this, after the work is complete it takes time for the maps to be updated again. If they have not been reported as completed and lower speed limit removed. Or this could be BS.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 11:26   #4
cliffharris
cliffInLincoln

Unhappy

I have the same issues on my 2022 XC60, it's pretty rubbish as it's a lot more than you say; I've seen 80mph on the motorway (when has that ever been possible as a legal speed limit?), seen 30mph on a motorway and 40 and 50 on a single carriageway. My previous 2018 XC60 with Sensus was so much better.
I can believe the old roadworks suggestion as possible for some of the discrepancies, but that means the maps aren't updated very regularly at all. But for having 80 show up whilst on a motorway is then just showing that the Google system is utter trash.
Give me the old Senus system any day. If I could have that installed in my 2022 model I would, I think I'd even pay to get that done.

Other comments - the reversing camera (which I didn't have on my 2018 Momentum Pro model) is very poor, getting dirty etc. The reversing camera on my wife's Merc C-class drops down when going into reverse and folds back up again after use; 5 years on she's never had to clean it. So very disappointed with this feature on the XC60.
I also feel the front lights aren't as good as the old 2018 model. Still has all the same features like active bending, automatic headlights etc, but they just seem so poor in comparison. Comparing the 2018 XC60 with the wifes Merc, the XC60 was 'light years' (sorry for the pun ahead, but now the 2022 XC60 is no better than the Merc. I don't know why as I'm told they are exactly the same in both cars (Full LED etc etc).
No maps still on the Volvo App as I had on 2018 model; why not Volvo, you had it and now it's gone, is that progress?
Last gripe, I still use an I-pod for music and the bluetooth connection on 2022 model is not as good as the old hard-wired system via the USB previously. I leave the I-pod permanenetly plugged in to the USB so even on 2022 car it would be better if it worked like the 2018 model.

All in all, I am very disappointed with the 2022 model XC60; I am wishing now I had kept the old 2018 model.
This is my 7th Volvo and I'm quite a fan; I was planning to keep this car into my retirement, but I think I'll jack it in maybe in 2 years and it's highly likely my last Volvo.
cliffharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 02:25   #5
Ian.7878

Hi All, Sorry to be a bring of bad news, but like you are all saying about the speed limits my XC60 R-Design Pro, is doing the same, no matter where in the UK! My car has been back to the dealers 4 time to try to resolve this issue, a tech case is open with volvo! this has been open since Nov last year! only got the car end of Oct! current timescale is DONT HAVE A CLUE! Volvo Tech want a VIDEO of the drivers dash showing the error!
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 07:10   #6
MrM83

Not sure if it is related, but I had a rather alarming experience when driving a new (used) MY21 XC90 home. It has Sensus and not Google but some of the speed limited characteristics sound similar.

I was using the speed limiter function (set to 70mph) on the M25 with the auto function enabled to reflect changing speed limits. Out of nowhere my car applies the brakes and 40mph is shown on the dash and head up display much to my surprise and the that of the cars behind me! Took me a short while to figure out how to cancel it!

I experienced similar behaviour on the rest of the journey and it seemed to me like the detection camera was reading the “this vehicle is limited to xx mph” signs on the back of lorries. Not all of them are in mph, some in kph. 40 still seems a weird limit to me, however. I wonder if the 80 mentioned above was due to a similar situation with 80kph being 50mph? Anyway…. I quickly turned off the auto function of the speed limiter…..
MrM83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 10:18   #7
nu11eaf
Premier Member

There have been several posts on the forum about the speed limiter and it was established that the speed limiter is just that, "a speed limiter" it will not go above your set speed (unless you press hard on the accelerator) and it does not react to the speed signs and alter the set speed or apply the brakes automatically, you have to manually alter the set limit to the new limit.
If the car is braking and altering speed there is something else going on.

Driving too close to a vehicle at speed may apply the brakes if the cars safety features thinks you are about to hit it, the sign recognition may have picked up the sign on the truck.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Jan 30th, 2022 at 10:28.
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 10:56   #8
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
There have been several posts on the forum about the speed limiter and it was established that the speed limiter is just that, "a speed limiter" it will not go above your set speed (unless you press hard on the accelerator) and it does not react to the speed signs and alter the set speed or apply the brakes automatically, you have to manually alter the set limit to the new limit.
If the car is braking and altering speed there is something else going on.

Driving too close to a vehicle at speed may apply the brakes if the cars safety features thinks you are about to hit it, the sign recognition may have picked up the sign on the truck.
Thats true up to a point nu11eaf. There are two speed limiter modes, manual, which operates as you rightly mention, and the auto mode, ASL, which takes data from the Road Sign Information (RSI) function, when this is selected a lollipop symbol appears to indicate this is the selected mode, (Sensus) system, from the above posts it seems the new Google based system has the same affliction.

Sometime ago, travelling at 70mph on the A63 and no traffic ahead I passed under a road bridge when the car decided to throw out the anchor. The road going over the A63 has a 40mph limit and the system for whatever reason had picked this up.

Two things I took away from this experience, (1). The car has incredible brakes and (2). I never select the ASL function, it's too hazardous and hit and miss to use. It seems as though nothing much has changed on the newer vehicles.
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 11:59   #9
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Your car probably thought you were about to hit the bridge and braked rather than harsh braking for speed limit, which would be very dangerous. There is a bend in the road near my house with a lamp post on the verge and usually a car parked on the other side opposite the lamp post, if I approach the bend over 20mph the cars radar safety system thinks I am on a collision course and hits the brakes and red lights flash on the screen momentarily, there have been other occasions when the auto braking has activated momentarily when it thinks a collision is about to happen on bends or another car turns into road too close. It is speed/distance related.
Old Jan 30th, 2022, 12:18   #10
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Your car probably thought you were about to hit the bridge and braked rather than harsh braking for speed limit, which would be very dangerous.
Good theory, but the ASL was clearly showing a red ringed 40mph sign instead of the previous 70mph NSL. You are correct, it is dangerous, so the function is turned off indefinitely.