Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 delivery timescale (replacing my XC90)

Views : 11737

Replies : 142

Users Viewing This Thread : yellowbentines

Old Apr 13th, 2024, 12:28   #121
ijkgenesis

Thumbs up Its coming Friday ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijkgenesis View Post
Volvo website now says ' expected delivery next week' Will await the email requesting payment of the balance before contacting dealer for their (hopeful) confirmation
Dealer phoned me yesterday to arrange pick up , car due with them today (13th) but earliest I am available to collect is Friday 19th. Evidently the PDI is all done pre delivery to the dealer. A couple of hours after speaking with dealer the final invoice arrived... It didn't show the £2k deposit contribution so phone call ensued and I await an amended invoice. (I have an email from the dealer last september confirming the amount so hopefully not be an issue).

I have found the timescales shown when linking to the volvo uk website from my order have been an accurate reflection of what has since happened over last 2 months so perhaps volvo are now reporting things more accurately.

Still 7 months from my original order in september compared to the 3 months quoted at the time but like other posters I was happy to wait for the good deal at the time with 4yrs 0%, 4 years service plan and the blond seats
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 17:26   #122
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Evidently the PDI is all done pre delivery to the dealer.
Not sure how I feel about that.

Quote:
A couple of hours after speaking with dealer the final invoice arrived... It didn't show the £2k deposit contribution so phone call ensued and I await an amended invoice. (I have an email from the dealer last september confirming the amount so hopefully not be an issue).
I expect the £2k to be missing when I finally get invoiced. Like you I made sure I had an email confirming it. Did you phone the dealer or Volvo to arrange an amended invoice?

Quote:
Still 7 months from my original order in September compared to the 3 months quoted at the time but like other posters I was happy to wait for the good deal at the time with 4yrs 0%, 4 years service plan and the blond seats
You ordered the same car as me on the same date yet mine was only built last week and won't be delivered until July. No-one can explain why there's such a large gap.
Good luck with yours.
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 10:31   #123
ijkgenesis

I phoned Volvo UK as they sent the invoice, still awaiting an update but I will pay them £2k less than asked on wednesday and let dealer and Volvo resolve if not heard beforehand.

It must be very frustrating to read that my car is ready and yours is still 3 months away. I presume you placed your order direct with volvo UK
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 11:10   #124
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
I presume you placed your order direct with volvo UK
I placed it via the dealer but did check online within a day or so that it was in the system.

But you raise an interesting point: are orders placed directly with Volvo getting preference? I'm sure Volvo would like all orders to go directly to them and that the current arrangement whereby you can use a dealer is a temporary, transitional arrangement until such time as the dealer salesforce can be reduced or eliminated.
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 12:27   #125
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
II'm sure Volvo would like all orders to go directly to them and that the current arrangement whereby you can use a dealer is a temporary, transitional arrangement until such time as the dealer salesforce can be reduced or eliminated.
I'm not sure that the ability to order through a dealer will be a temporary arrangement. We ordered our new one through a dealer and I asked what as in it for the dealer under the agency model. Dealers get paid a handling fee which is presumably used to pay the salesmen.

Also, some prefer dealing with a person during the process. Given a knowledgable salesman (I know, they vary) questions can more easily be answered face-to-face.
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 23:11   #126
Pauper

Default A little request for help...

Hi All, been following this thread for and while to track peoples progress with deliveries, and now registered to ask a question if anyone can help?

I see that the latest ship from China has docked, but does anyone still awaiting a delivery know when the next one will be.

I've had an XC60 Plus Dark Theme on order since September, it has always been scheduled for early May until three weeks ago when it went out to late May (so only a couple of weeks).

Now unfortunately, this is coming via a fleet management company, as a result I am unable to get any 'build' details as I cannot obtain the required information to allow me to track it myself.
So just a question as to whether or not anyone is awaiting a delivery in late May which is not scheduled to be on the latest ship, which hopefully means another is due in the interim.

Best case, my car is on this ship and they are playing safe, worst case - another ship is not due yet and I'm likely to start seeing push backs.

I also have no valid reason to know the car is coming from China, but my thinking following the two week push back was that it was down to the extension in shipping time caused by the Red sea issues.

Thanks.
Pauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 18:35   #127
wynnj
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauper View Post
I also have no valid reason to know the car is coming from China, but my thinking following the two week push back was that it was down to the extension in shipping time caused by the Red sea issues.

Thanks.
I read somewhere that all European made cars now go to N America or at least USA because of trade wars and tarrifs the Americans are putting on Chinese made cars. European sold cars now come via ship or overland by train. Another great deal for reducing global warming, but commerce must prevail and to hell with the planet!
wynnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2024, 10:45   #128
ijkgenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
I'm not sure that the ability to order through a dealer will be a temporary arrangement. We ordered our new one through a dealer and I asked what as in it for the dealer under the agency model. Dealers get paid a handling fee which is presumably used to pay the salesmen.

Also, some prefer dealing with a person during the process. Given a knowledgable salesman (I know, they vary) questions can more easily be answered face-to-face.
I had a test drive in September and the friendly salesman told me to place the order myself as now an agency model he could no longer do it. so I went home thought about it for a couple of hours and then placed order.

Picking up the car later this morning. This week has gone smoothly with my morning payments being credited same day to reduce my balance owed. Only issue was with the dealers £2k loyalty contribution. Volvo told me the dealer needed to 'add it' to reduce the balance. Phoned dealer who said would sort it, then said it would be less than £2k as I had been promised mudflaps and alloy/tyre insurance. I said had an email stating the contribution was £2k which they quickly honoured

XC40 is now in the garage after a 70 minute handover chat with the salesman. I was pleased to hear my T8 was built in Sweden using a Chinese battery, he was so apologetic for Volvos 'problems' and relayed numerous stories of delays and customers being told one date by Volvo that differed to what the system was telling him - sometimes 6 months difference... He also thought that Volvo are realising the agency model is not working and old practices may return...

For me the wait is over and was well worth it. Hope those still waiting can hang on as worth it in the end

Last edited by ijkgenesis; Apr 19th, 2024 at 13:15.
ijkgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2024, 15:39   #129
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
XC40 is now in the garage
XC60?

Quote:
I was pleased to hear my T8 was built in Sweden using a Chinese battery
So seems that cars bulit in Sweden being delivered sooner than Chinese made ones. Not surprising I suppose but still left wondering how the decision is made as whether production is in Sweden or China.

(For those not following the whole thread, ijkgenesis and I ordered the same car on the same day but mine was produced just last week in China for a July delivery.)
Old Apr 19th, 2024, 16:11   #130
ijkgenesis

Yes XC60 in garage, after 6 years with an XC40 will take me a while to adjust. Especially as my wife used to have the garage for her car but now have a charger in there I get to use it.. even if only have 40cm clearance in length. camera will be useful !

My car was at one stage scheduled for early May delivery so hope Lexman8s is a few weeks early too