Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 CEM Repair Terminal numbers

Views : 3036

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 17th, 2024, 14:36   #11
joellillencamp

Sorry for my dumb earlier questions. I hadn't seen this complete thread until now. Very detailed and informative. I see photos. You said you are electrician. It shows. In a good way. As an FYI I looked at all the plug in modules pin number correlations on Volvo documentation. It's interesting that Clan didn't use all of them. I have spent the last 5 weeks in auto repair hell. The Volvo Dealer has a lot of my money. And I still have issues. I'm hoping this is a fix. I know you did this without CEM removal but I thought I'd pull mine and clean it and check for corrosion. I was gonna have my son do the repair terminal R and R while I check the CEM. I can check fuses at same time. Again thank you for your input. Do you think Clan is/was mechanic? Just curious. Cheers.
joellillencamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 14:53   #12
joellillencamp

I did get through all threads you cited. Repair terminal specs are by the kind of connector 'plugs' and mating pin sizes. We share the same CEM. The B, F, G and H modules in this unit all use the same size repair terminals. Just ordered parts. Wish me luck. Again thanks for your help.
joellillencamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 15:01   #13
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
I did remove the CEM prior to doing the pins. I checked for water damage and there didn't appear to be any. I did clean all the fuse contacts and plug contacts with contact cleaner before putting back.
The communication faults did reduce for a while but some came back.
I decided to go down the route of changing the 7 pins for the "Data" and so far has all been fine.
I don't know if the later cars or if other platforms have this same issue?

These are some of the faults I was getting prior to changing the terminals. So far they have not returned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9020.jpg (328.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by IainG; Jan 17th, 2024 at 16:45.
IainG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IainG For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 22:23   #14
eric19371
Clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi

Did it work??
Sorry for not replyig sooner, but yes (touch wood) it did work. I am still getting some errors to do with the throttle and I plan to replace those connectors soon but (touch wood again) we have not had any reduced engine performance errors since.

eric19371 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric19371 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 18:09   #15
iainmd

Does anyone know if there is a Volvo technical service bulletin for the accelerator pedal terminal repair? Mine is flagging up codes relating to the throttle pedal faulty signal and I'd rather go to the local dealer armed with some facts. I don't think replacing the terminals myself is an option but I'm worried they just replace the pedal unit then it solves nothing.

On a car worth only a few hundred quid I need to keep the repair costs as low as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 21:12   #16
eric19371
Clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric19371 View Post
Sorry for not replyig sooner, but yes (touch wood) it did work. I am still getting some errors to do with the throttle and I plan to replace those connectors soon but (touch wood again) we have not had any reduced engine performance errors since.
Any idea where I can get the part numbers for the throttle body connector pins from? I am sure it is the same issue on the throttle body and I plan to replace both the connectors and the throttle body (will use a Ford Focus one which is the same part number).

@iainmd - No idea about any service bulletin but would love to know this too.

eric19371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 23:28   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Hi

As explained earlier,
I originally ordered 7 x30656678 as per Clan's post.
They arrived and were noticeably different to the ones fitted to my car.
I explained to the supplier the problem. He ordered another set from the Volvo system just in case they were the wrong parts in the bin. The same terminals arrived and luckily I was able to return them and they refunded me for the parts. I did a bit more delving on here and kept getting told they were the correct ones. I contacted another dealer and they contacted Sweden who then gave me the number 30656698. I then ordered 7 of these on the provisor that if they didn't fit I could return them for a refund. They arrived and they did fit my car.
The photo shows the 30656678 with the red wire and the other is one of my terminal actually fitted to my car.

I then contacted the dealer again and they sent a technical request to Sweden.
The response from the dealer.

Photo of the bag the new pins (30656698) were in, that arrived and fitted my car (2005 V50)
Since fitting all my communication errors have reset and not come back (just over a year now)

On the parts list the dealer had he couldn't confirm which numbers were correct however when he contacted Sweden they supplied the correct number, which I then ordered. If you are worried or unsure ask the dealer to contact Sweden for the correct part number in case it is different for your car

Also a bit more history
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=328267
It looks like they have changed the Part number since I last did one in about 2018 they do this kind of thing if a better quality part is made to Improve the original..
Old Mar 13th, 2024, 10:58   #18
What on Earth

Quote:
Hi All
I have had an ongoing saga getting some repair terminals to replace the Data circuit pins on the 3 plugs that plug in to the CEM
I also changed the Housing and terminals on the Accelerator pedal.
I went by previous information on here and ordered the CEM terminals under Number 30656678

I ordered 7 of these from Volvo and when they came they were the wrong ones. Volvo reordered them in case the wrong ones were in the "Bin" . Same incorrect one arrived.

Checked via Sweden and they gave another number 30656698. Very similar so I wonder if the number on this forum has been miss typed and then just copied.

The correct numbers for everything are below

8690595 Accelerator plug housing x1
30765498 Repair terminal for Accelerator plug housing x6
30656698 Repair terminals for CEM x6 for Data and x1 for accelerator signal wire.

CEM Plugs terminals changed are in picture below plus I changed the accelerator signal wire which is Green plug terminal G31(white wire)

The Green plug is shown in the photo below. The Blue and Brown plugs look similar and use the same terminals. The black plug is for the accelerator pedal.

I am just wrestling with 'wonders' of the Volvo CEM electrical gremlins and you posts have been helpful so firstly thank you for the posts & pictures.

I come here seeking advice, I have removed and carefully examined (to the best of my limited skills) all accessible parts of the CEM from my 2009 V50 T5. Long story short I now await back from Volvo Diagnostics a replacement CEM as the cleaning up of the photographed corroded pins cured the issues but they quickly returned. So I now wish to replace at least three of the corresponding female pins from the large green CEM plug due to them looking pitted / corroded and wanted to confirm that part number 30656698 is the pre wired component I require. Any input would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cem (1).jpg (162.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg cem (2).JPG (297.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg CEM3 (1).jpg (195.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg CEM3 (2).jpg (314.8 KB, 14 views)
What on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2024, 23:01   #19
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
So I now wish to replace at least three of the corresponding female pins from the large green CEM plug due to them looking pitted / corroded and wanted to confirm that part number 30656698 is the pre wired component I require. Any input would be appreciated.
That number for he pins was for the pins in 3 of smaller plugs ( green blue and brown plugs) on my 2005 V50

You will need to check with Volvo to get the correct number for the repair terminals for the bigger plug. They could be the same number but I doubt it so you will need to check.
Old Mar 14th, 2024, 08:21   #20
What on Earth

Quote:
Hi

That number for he pins was for the pins in 3 of smaller plugs ( green blue and brown plugs) on my 2005 V50

You will need to check with Volvo to get the correct number for the repair terminals for the bigger plug. They could be the same number but I doubt it so you will need to check.
Thank you for that. Think I will get up to my local Volvo agent and annoy the parts man with my inquiry as the range of these pins / connectors is mind boggling and it would be a bit annoying to select a pin that appeared correct but after fitting some and putting every back in place, including a replacement CEM, it caused yet more issues !
What on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote