Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Keyless drive (PCC)

Views : 14105

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2010, 20:39   #11
XC60nick

So if you just wanted to open the passenger door then?
XC60nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 21:56   #12
Teejay1
Master Member

Don't understand you just open it?

I dont think the car automatically unlocks I think you have to physically press the little black button on door where the key normally go. You then lock the door. I've not got it so I'm not entirely sure but I am reading through the manual just to keep me occupied :-)

Mercedes do one where the doors unlock as you walk to it not sure if the Volvo does the same?

Edit:
Just re-read the manual I have and I'm not entirely sure I think the car auto unlocks, but you have to be quite close.

Last edited by Teejay1; Apr 10th, 2010 at 22:08.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 22:46   #13
adambsmith

It works like this:

Key in pocket, walk up to car, pull handle, door opens.

You can set which doors unlock in the car's menu system.

Locking (still with key in pocket), close door, press little black button in handle, doors lock.

You have to be at the car to do all of the above. My keys sometimes sit less than 5m away from the car in my hallway - the car will not open nor start if I try and the keys are in the house.

Simples!
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to adambsmith For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 17:52   #14
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

If it is anything like the system on the Renault, then yes, just tug at door handle and door will unlock as long as keycard is on person. You do need to be within close proximity. There are times when I exit my Renault and as I walk around to the passenger's door, the car will lock itself.

You do get used to it. I will miss it. I did not spec PCC on my XC0.
155mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 18:00   #15
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155mph View Post
If it is anything like the system on the Renault, then yes, just tug at door handle and door will unlock as long as keycard is on person. You do need to be within close proximity. There are times when I exit my Renault and as I walk around to the passenger's door, the car will lock itself.

You do get used to it. I will miss it. I did not spec PCC on my XC0.

When is yours due? I was thinking about the Saville Grey, and my wife really wants the off black and lemon interior. I would like to see yours when she comes.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:53   #16
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
When is yours due? I was thinking about the Saville Grey, and my wife really wants the off black and lemon interior. I would like to see yours when she comes.
Due this Friday, 16/04. Waiting for dealer to check his records and get back to me today.
155mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 10:56   #17
Cornish

I have PCC and think its great - as described above, it only unlocks your car when you are standing at the door and pull the handle so no worries about it accidentally unlocking any other time.

It's just a great convenience, and it never leaves my pocket either. If you have small kids that need leading into a car it makes life loads easier.

Probably the best extra I specced I think.
Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 12:29   #18
thebigv
Master Member

How do you know if the car locks? When you walk away it'll lock, but if you walk back to check its open? So my question is, if you walk away from your car and dont walk back to check, is your car locked. haha

I had to get that into peoples heads because a woman i worked with had keyless entry and i drove her mad saying it may fail and her car will be open. She was forever giving the keycard to people and checking the door, its a gimmick. Yes it will come in handy with kids etc but do what everyone else does, open the car from in the house, lock your house door WITH the keys you didn't want to get out of your pocket cos you have keyless entry, but had to cos your house doesn't have keyless entry, put the keys in your pocket and magically your car is open.

Also i am forever leaving my wallet in the car when wearing a certain jacket as the pocket design is pap, what happens if the card falls out of your pocket? Most thieves are opportunists remember.

Just my thoughts, i'm not meaning to cause an arguement.
thebigv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 14:25   #19
tangey

"How do you know if the car locks? When you walk away it'll lock, but if you walk back to check its open? So my question is, if you walk away from your car and dont walk back to check, is your car locked. haha

I had to get that into peoples heads because a woman i worked with had keyless entry and i drove her mad saying it may fail and her car will be open. She was forever giving the keycard to people and checking the door, its a gimmick. Yes it will come in handy with kids etc but do what everyone else does, open the car from in the house, lock your house door WITH the keys you didn't want to get out of your pocket cos you have keyless entry, but had to cos your house doesn't have keyless entry, put the keys in your pocket and magically your car is open."

You clearly did not understand the previous posts.

The car NEVER unlocks itself. To unlock it you must pull on the door handle. When you exit the car, you press the button on the outside of the door handle after the car is closed. You hear the usual locking sound, the indicators flash etc and the door mirrors retract (if set as an option).

Once that happens the car is locked, so you know it is locked ! it can't not be locked unless you go to pull the door handle again, at which time the car detects the keyfob within range on that side of the vehicle and then proceeds to unlock the door.

"Also i am forever leaving my wallet in the car when wearing a certain jacket as the pocket design is pap, what happens if the card falls out of your pocket? Most thieves are opportunists remember."

Its NOT a card, its a regular looking keyfob, also buy a better jacket ?

By the way I would love to be able to lock the car from the outside whilst the engine is running, be of great use on the winters mornings to warm up the car securely. Unfortunately the locking system doesn't allow it.

Last edited by tangey; Apr 12th, 2010 at 14:30.
tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tangey For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 14:48   #20
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
By the way I would love to be able to lock the car from the outside whilst the engine is running, be of great use on the winters mornings to warm up the car securely. Unfortunately the locking system doesn't allow it.
Maybe its not allowed since UK law prohibits it. You can get an electric heater as an option for such occation but not sure if thats available in the UK.