Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

Views : 419580

Replies : 1084

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 14th, 2023, 10:33   #1061
Wickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jprice2708 View Post
It appears cheshired5 has been offline for a year now. What are the options for people needing a unit and software?
I am considering helping people out with this need in a more hands-on way, but failing that I would recommend the following site for general info and possibly the option to download a VMWARE with DICE pre-installed (have not tried to do so myself, but this is the easiest way to get up and running).

https://volvodiag.com

The following threads are also extremely useful if you want to set up on a Windows 10 laptop from scratch. I successfully managed to clean a laptop with a failed VIDA install and re-installed to get it working.

As the poster says, the clean-up steps are VERY important, however they also throw in the instruction to install something called "CCleaner". This is just a random PC scanning tool (and not a well known one at that) and I suspect the OP is affiliated with it in some way. I strongly suggest avoiding it.

*Clean-up steps - confirmed as effective:

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/v...7#post-4173865

*'Pro' install steps - confirmed as effective:

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/v...7#post-4148666

*'Non-pro' install steps - not tested but understood to be more verbose version of the 'pro' steps:

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/v.../#post-2649849

Lastly of course you need the hardware - a DICE unit or equivalent and I don't know a huge amount about the options. I have one of the so-called 'A++ clone' units, which looks exactly like the official DICE and even has the exact same chipset inside.

The problem I've experienced with it in recent times is that most of the car modules show up RED in instead of GREEN in the network tab of VIDA, which means they are not communicating. At first I thought it was the car, but exactly the same occurred in a second car. From the look of it, I think the low speed CAN bus is not connecting, whereas the high speed one is (ECM, TCM etc) - perhaps this is caused by just one pin not connecting or similar?

I also tried re-installing VIDA a few times and flashing the firmware on the DICE unit, all to no avail (but this is how I've picked up experience getting it installed correctly).

Having likely ruled out the car and the software, my next avenue of investigation is going to be different 'Chinese' ODB2 readers to see if they show all the modules. If anyone knows a specific type that works, please let me know!

Last edited by Wickedy; Feb 14th, 2023 at 11:05.
Wickedy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wickedy For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2023, 14:29   #1062
Nick6262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedy View Post
Lastly of course you need the hardware - a DICE unit or equivalent and I don't know a huge amount about the options. I have one of the so-called 'A++ clone' units, which looks exactly like the official DICE and even has the exact same chipset inside.

The problem I've experienced with it in recent times is that most of the car modules show up RED in instead of GREEN in the network tab of VIDA, which means they are not communicating. At first I thought it was the car, but exactly the same occurred in a second car. From the look of it, I think the low speed CAN bus is not connecting, whereas the high speed one is (ECM, TCM etc) - perhaps this is caused by just one pin not connecting or similar?

I also tried re-installing VIDA a few times and flashing the firmware on the DICE unit, all to no avail (but this is how I've picked up experience getting it installed correctly).

Having likely ruled out the car and the software, my next avenue of investigation is going to be different 'Chinese' ODB2 readers to see if they show all the modules. If anyone knows a specific type that works, please let me know!
My DICE clone failed in exactly the same way. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to work. Ended up getting another one from a site that doesn't exist anymore
Nick6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2023, 17:15   #1063
Vindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jprice2708 View Post
It appears cheshired5 has been offline for a year now. What are the options for people needing a unit and software?
I can help if anyone needs a turnkey solution. Please get in touch via PM
Vindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2023, 20:24   #1064
Amadeu

Option 2
£95 delivered to OX16 1XA

Hi there,

I own a Volvo v60 1.6 diesel estate 2012
My car after timing belt snapped all the works done compression is good fuel delivered and no code on my ThinkDiag

Are you selling software and hardware ou only software?

Regarding,
Amadeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2023, 10:44   #1065
Milnei

Having only recently joined the forum I'm unable to send any PMs, so this is directed at Vindo....

I'm interested in buying your Volvo Diagnostic tool.

I have a 2014 XC60 with an ABS fault that I'd like to diagonse and from what I've read, your software also includes workshop guides and part numbers etc.

I have an old Asus EeePC Seashell notebook running Windows 7 Starter, that I use to run other vehicle diag applications including VCDS software for VAG cars. Would your software run on that, or would I need to install it on a new device and/or operating system?

What's your current price for the tool please, and I assume this includes any necessary hardware to connect to the ODBII port?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Ian.
Milnei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2023, 12:34   #1066
100K+
Premier Member

99.9% sure you have to run the "pro" version of windows in Windows XP or 7.

There was a registry hack that tricked XP into believing it was XP pro. Not sure if it works on WIndows 7, or its a separate hack ( if even possible) .

Cheers
Bob
2002 V70 T5 SE now sold
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2023, 23:18   #1067
MICHAEL HILL

Default vida patch

Hi
I have had two days of trying to get my Vida up and running on lap top it worked prefect till I dropped it and hard drive destroyed new hard drive fitted and up and running on windows seven professional
I loaded my(2014D) VIDA disc on and it would not log in altered subscription dates etc. in patch still no good
came across this on Mathews Volvo site

Successfully modified the 2014A patch to extend the subscriptionExpireDate to 2099 23:59:59.
The patch will not enable you run 2014D under windows 10 with IE11. For that your need more then the patch.e across this on Mathews Volvo site
Get attached file.
1. Unpack 2014A-B-D-2099.zip file to Desktop.
2. Run 2014A-B-D-2099.exe
3. Install to C:\
4. Reboot and log in to Vida after the icon turns green.
2014A-B-D-2099.zip
logs in perfect now
used it to reset oil level warning on XC90 regen problem with D P F
hope it helps someone
MICHAEL HILL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MICHAEL HILL For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 3rd, 2023, 09:52   #1068
Broncofx

Hi
Are you still doing the above? can you add the android auto / apple carplay with this to a 2018 volvo xc90?
Broncofx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2023, 10:54   #1069
Allgoode

Default vida & Dice Laptops

I've just bought one off an eBay seller, works a treat out of the box.

He is a regular lister from looks of it, see below for what he offers -
Ebay id - cmbt1983

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386213892...MAAOSwUVdk9xwO
Allgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Allgoode For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2023, 15:13   #1070
Mario Volvo

Default Dice & Vida set up wanted

I am looking to buy a working Dice & Vida set up to maintain my small family fleet of Volvos to include 2011 C30, 2008 C30, 2012 V50 all 1.6 /D2.

Please let me know if:

1. You have a complete working system ready for sale.

or.

2. You will take my old windows 7 XP Pro laptop and create me a working system

or.

3. You are based in the Herts /Beds Buck area and I can pay you to come to me to do Vida specific work (or I can come to you if the car is mobile.)
My current need is to code a new injector on a C30 D2 which my Snap On, Xtool and Autel readers won't do.

Many thanks

Mario
Based near Whipsnade LU6 Herts /Beds /Bucks border
07546 946868
Mario Volvo is offline   Reply With Quote