Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 CC drive mode switch retrofit

Views : 6835

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 25th, 2022, 15:32   #41
ZenSpeedmaster

That seems to be how it's done. Revert to original if a trip to the dealer is needed.

Here's the thread....

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/b...pgrade.645028/
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 15:44   #42
chemkay

Just found a very recent thread where Volvo has basically blocked all software updates on vehicles that have differing configurations from that of how they left the factory. There is still the question of how to undo this "block" by Volvo if they do indeed decide to block your software update capabilities.

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/p...ur-car.657743/

It's kind of alarming but I live in a right to repair state in the US so I don't know how Volvo would circumvent that law.
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 15:53   #43
ZenSpeedmaster

Yes I'm following that one too. It's a nuisance. They can't brick your car but they can refuse software updates.
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 14:25   #44
chemkay

Finally got it to work! I toyed with the Drive Modes and Adaptive Cruise Control configurations yesterday and they work without issue now. I had to clear the DTCs and let the car sit locked for over 10 minutes after each change and the Parking Brake and ESC codes never came back. I put the individual drive mode into dynamic for each aspect and it's like driving a new car, it's so responsive now. Glad I finally got it figured out.
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 14:30   #45
ZenSpeedmaster

Ooooh man this is amazing news!! I'm really looking forward to doing it now! Fair play to you.

What did you do differently that lead it to work properly?
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 23:06   #46
adhed

Hey Guys! That's a very interesting topic. I'm interested in buying a V60CC which doesn't have the "drive modes" feature as well and I'm thinking how bad news is that. After few months do you have more thoughts about that and how do you feel driving in only Comfort / Eco / ESC off modes?

I've read a lot about that and it looks that with running Hill DC + ESC off it looks that we're running something similar to "Off road" mode anyway.

And with running ESC Sport Mode (ESC off) it can be little similar to Polestar/Dynamic mode but not in case of gear shifts of course.
adhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 23:35   #47
ZenSpeedmaster

Esc off will only affect the traction control system. The gearbox is terrible and is the only feature of the car I hate. And its a big feature! I will be adding the drive mode switch this week as I think I will have some free time and dry weather. I will be using orbit to enable drive modes. It is a newly release program for modifying SPA cars.
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 07:09   #48
ZenSpeedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemkay View Post
Finally got it to work! I toyed with the Drive Modes and Adaptive Cruise Control configurations yesterday and they work without issue now. I had to clear the DTCs and let the car sit locked for over 10 minutes after each change and the Parking Brake and ESC codes never came back. I put the individual drive mode into dynamic for each aspect and it's like driving a new car, it's so responsive now. Glad I finally got it figured out.
Can you tell me how you got drive modes to show up in the centre display. I tried last night with orbit but got exactly the same errors you described with esc and parking brake.
Old Jan 27th, 2023, 07:29   #49
ZenSpeedmaster

For anyone who is interested I replaced my starter switch with one that has a drive mode switch. I used Orbit to enable it by changing parameter 057 from '01 Without Drive Mode Switch' to '02 With Drive Mode Switch'. This enabled the switch and when I clicked the drive modes wheel it gave me the list of drive modes on the Sensus screen.

Having dynamic/polestar mode is fantastic. The car is way more fun to drive and I love feeling that additional torque at the rear wheels. Highly recommended modification. Anyone with a couple of plastic trim removers and a Tx20 screwdriver can do it.

Please forgive the poor photos. I had to do this job at night so lighting was bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230125_221113.jpg (232.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20230126_003629.jpg (54.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20230125_220804.jpg (243.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 20230125_220815.jpg (233.2 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by ZenSpeedmaster; Jan 27th, 2023 at 07:34.
ZenSpeedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZenSpeedmaster For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2023, 09:41   #50
Robotack

Hi. I'm in Ireland and therefore in the same boat with no drive mode switch so hoping to get some help from you. Did you have to buy a special switch because of off road mode or is that just catered for by the software? I'd be interested in finding out where you got it done etc?

Cheers
Robotack is offline   Reply With Quote