Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Has anyone else lost the RRTI display on the SatNav?

Views : 537

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2022, 14:37   #1
crashbarrier

Default Has anyone else lost the RRTI display on the SatNav?

I'm using a Three 2yr/24Gb data sim and the Real-Time Traffic Information(RTTI) data has stopped being displayed on maps. The sim card is less than a year old and has used 2.7Gb of data since I last reset it when it was installed. The last time this happened was when the card had actually time expired and this new one sorted the issue but yesterday my wife noticed that the data was missing. She knew this for a fact as the Volvo route took her via huge volumes of traffic which took ages to get through. I know that the Volvo route guidance is truly awful but it does normally try to avoid big delays.

Does anyone else have the same issue or know of the fix?
Old Feb 24th, 2022, 15:34   #2
crashbarrier

I’m sitting in the car checking and rechecking all the settings and it all looks OK. Importantly, the two settings of Show Free Flowing Traffic and RTTI are ticked but both are missing from the map display.
In top line of Sensus I have:-
Bluetooth symbol(greyed out as nothing is attached)
GPS arrow
SIM card symbol indicating that the car modem is activated.
Signal strength of the sim.

In Settings-Communication-Car Modem Internet I have it selected and the data usage is shown.

Is there something else I should be selecting to kick this thing back to life? I’ve already taken the sim out, sworn at it and put it back in to no avail.

I currently have it on a route from West Sussex to Edinburgh and apparently it’s clear and absolutely no traffic along the 436 miles🤔.
Old Feb 24th, 2022, 15:45   #3
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

I have some issues with the 3 network at the moment. (Home mobile bb and same SIM card in the car as yours) It has been intermittent for several days due probably to storm related damage etc.

That could be the reason?? Try checking the 3 network status wherever you are.
Old Feb 24th, 2022, 16:01   #4
crashbarrier

Well, the plot thickens.

I've just spoken to Three customer service and it seems that my sim card is registered to someone completely different even though I've had it and been using it, since July 2021 when I purchased it from Amazon UK. My guess is that it's been cloned somehow whilst the car has sitting unattended and the remaining data is now being used by some lowlife. I'm sending Three several photos to prove my possession of the real sim.
Old Feb 24th, 2022, 16:03   #5
crashbarrier

ovlov04v,
that was one of my first thoughts but it's OK here and it would mean that the Three signal was the issue for the whole journey yesterday.

Edited to add: I’ve turned off the car modem and switched to Wi-Fi hotspot via my phone which has restored the traffic info.

I’ve sent the photos of my sim to Three for investigation and await their response but I won’t hold my breath.

Last edited by crashbarrier; Feb 24th, 2022 at 17:08.
crashbarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crashbarrier For This Useful Post: