Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hello

Views : 764

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 21st, 2023, 14:23   #1
Buryan

Default Hello

0£ Reg Volvo V70 - HELP PLEASE!

It seems that the CEM has packed up - half the electrics keep cutting out - wipers, indicators, headlamps on all the time, dials not working, no acceleration and clonks into gear - no Geartronic and seems to start in about third - it's automatic.

Volvo has quoted £1,000 plus fitting and £300 diagnostics, but `i see on this site someone, somewhere is doing recon units at £260 - does anyone know where, please. I am disabled and need the car every other day for dialysis.

I should be extremely grateful to anyone for any advice or help.

Also, now leaking a lot of steering fluid - does anyone know who makes aftermarket racks, please?

Thank you.

Kenneth.

k.runcimanannand@gmail.com
Buryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2023, 15:59   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

If your car really is a V70 you are in the wrong forum - this deals with S/V40 up to 2004. You don't give your cars age, so cannot direct you to the correct forum.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2023, 16:07   #3
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

Are you 100% it's the CEM? On mine I had similar symptoms and suspected the CEM but it turned out the be the radio.

Apparently faulty speedo clusters can also cause the same symptoms because everything is networked to everything else. It could well be the CEM, but don't get fixated on that without proper diagnosis.

Speaking of which search the forum, see if there is a member local with proper diagnostic facilities, try and get things read for free. If it is the CEM you'll see various comms errors relating to that unit. Once you know which item to target then you can worry about getting it sent to https://volvodiagnostic.com/ for repair.

Bedt of luck.
Old Jun 22nd, 2023, 09:36   #4
Buryan

So sorry I posted in the wrong place and thanks for your help. Volvo wanted at least £300 for diagnostics. The radio has started going off station all the time so perhaps your suggestion is linked to the problem.
The car is 2003.
Buryan is offline   Reply With Quote