Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon 1963 122s

Views : 1370

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 27th, 2010, 21:49   #1
twinbeech
Aviation Artist

Default Amazon 1963 122s

I've ummed and aahed about posting this for so long I've just decided to do it now.

I've decided to sell my Amazon having had it for just under two years. The reason for sale is my 3 week old baby girl; the toy has to go...This is a totally honest review of the car, I'm spelling it out as it is, I know that's not salesman talk, but I wouldn't trust a salesman so i don't live my life that way.

It has just passed its MOT and I use it daily to do 70 miles. It has been THE most reliable car I've ever owned, but it's not a concourse car. Briefly it has had the following done since I've had it:

New front screen rubber
New front shock
New rear light rubbers
New front side light fitting (1) plus rubber
New front sidelights re-wired
Full brake check, flushing and bleading
One rear brake cylinder replaced
New distributor cap and rotor arm
New air filters (I've since changed them again)
New HT leads and spark plugs
New 5 tires with plenty of wear still left on them
New high-beam foot switch
New hydraulic brake switch (twice)
The engine has just had the tappets adjusted and had the timing done.
New battery

The following is not so good:

Little spots of rust here and there, but nothing that I am aware of that is a major issue. Recently (just before my purchase) replaced inner wings, rear arches all good, as is spare wheel well.
Despite new front screen rubber, I still get a tiny dribble down the driver's right-hand wall in very heavy rain.
The over-drive currently does not work but I have been offered a replacement working unit so could negotiate that.
I've posted my problems on this forum with battery charging, but this will be sorted for the sale.

Summary:

I have sporadic history with the car going back to 1987; this includes some bills and MOTs. I have regularly changed the oil and filter every 3000 miles as per the servicing intervals. I cleaned the interior up as it had been neglected somewhat, and removed the rear-view mirror, air filter covers and ashtrays,stripped them and re-painted them as they had all suffered a little rust. More recently I have stripped both rear lights and renovated them, adding new wiring and polishing the reflectors up; they now shine brightly as they are supposed to. Mechanically she is extremely strong and as I've said, very very reliable.

I'm open to offers, but honest ones.

Many thanks,
Dom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 122S.jpg (114.7 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (274.4 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by twinbeech; Feb 27th, 2010 at 21:59.
twinbeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 08:50   #2
Major Bumsore

Hi Dom, What sort of price are you looking for ...........Mike
Major Bumsore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 09:28   #3
barwick27
Amazon Adict

Hi Dom, sorry to see your selling the car...hope it finds a good home.

Peter
barwick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 11:49   #4
twinbeech
Aviation Artist

Hi Mike and Peter,

I am gutted to be selling the car, owning an Amazon had been a dream all my life and I really don't like the thought of leaving the VOC community, but fatherhood takes priority.

As for price I'm not sure what to ask, offers around £1950?

Dom
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 14:39   #5
Amazonjulian
Master Member

Hi Dom- I'm interested in your car and if its still for sale would be glad to have a chat about it with you. I live in West Sussex but I am happy to travel to see/potentially purchase the car. My number is 01903 812402 or email tamarandjulian@tiscali.co.uk
all the best
Julian
Amazonjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 20:19   #6
Steve121
complete member

Hi Dom, interested in your car, I need a 'replacement' while mine's off the road.. failed the mot due to a rusty underside.. so I gotta learn to weld annd do the rear arches while I'm at it.
I take it the pic of the car in 'used' condition is more up to date than the shiny one?

If you have any more pics, interior, exterior, engine that would be good.. to steve@deadcod.com

cheers
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 22:58   #7
twinbeech
Aviation Artist

Hi Steve,

Apologies, it's been a busy week. We live very near each other,I'm in Bruton. Pop over anytime you like and you can look over the car.

Dom
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 18:11   #8
twinbeech
Aviation Artist

I'm pushed to sell, I know it's the worst situation to be in as a seller, but I can't help that. I'm listing on eBay tonight, but am reducing my price here to £1700.

My number is: 07941 756887

Thanks,

Dom